Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was docking my boat yesterday at Anchor Bay Marina at around 7pm when people started pointing out into the canal. I turned around and saw a new Chevy Z71 floating in the Salt River with a SeaDoo jet boat and trailer still attached. He was directly between Anchor Bay and Sun Dog Marinas on the other side of the canal. I believe he is the homeowner and the property has a very small ramp for loading and unloading his small boats and Jet Ski's. I did not see it slide into the water, just it floating. I guess he forgot to use his parking brake!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
I was there to, saw it under water.
He worked for the Sherrif's dept-owner of the truck....ooooops
I am sure he is getting razzed today !

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
This happened just after the person in the bay broke their back.......We stayed in the bay later and by the time we came in the river they had the truck back on land.

eddie, whose boat and where on the river were you?

Gibby, we keep our boat there, too. White chris craft crowne 282. Maybe we'll see ya on the docks..

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
3 crabs,

I have been keeping my boat at ABM since 2000, I have a Baja 302 named "Total Hangover Cure" I will keep an eye out for ya.

I am going to print off a bunch of pics of the truck and drop them off at that house, I am sure he well appreciate it! hehe

I saw all the fire/rescue out there and knew something bad happened, I hope the person is alright. I plan to search the forum later today, I am sure someone has posted what happened and the person's condition.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Will keep a eye for 'ya!

From what I heard the person wasn't in the vehicle and they had left it in neutral.

Originally when I heard the call in the bay they had called in a diver. When we came up the Salt around 8:30ish or just before the diver was just leaving. Had me thinking something tragic happened.

Let me know if I'm wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts