Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a particular brand of tube that really like to use out on St. Clair/Erie? I used to just buy the Gander Mtn. or Bass Pro Shop Brands, but I picked up some ISG Dream tubes over the last few weeks and they look really sweet (big and fat). I haven't used them yet so they may not work worth a damn. Maybe someone could fill me in on that before I tie one on. What are your favorites?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
By the way, I'd really like to know what type of tubes Alex is using those are some toads? Some of those were over 5lbs right? Any over 6lbs?

·
Registered
467 Posts
I love the fat profile of the ISG Dream tubes...you may also want to look at the Mizmo Big Boys as well...

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Never been fortunate to catch a 6lber. Seen a couple though...

I use variety of differnet sizes, colors, and manufacturers. I get most of my tubes from Xtreme Bass Tackle. I'm pretty sure they are rite-bites. Although I use a few of the ISG tubes, BPS tubes, and some from Seth and South Street tackle as well (not sure the brand). Most of the time I'm using a 4" rite-bite in darker/natural shade.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I like the ISG tubes, but I will use anything as long as it is dipped. I hate the injected tubes (powerbait, zoom). They don't have a good profile and don't have as much salt. I think theres only a few companys that actually make tubes, but there are many more brand names. As I remember those gander mtn tubes are overpriced. For the last few years I have made my own experimenting with different sizes and colors. The best ones have been close to what ISG has. The most important thing to me is that the body will hold at least a 4/0 hook. I have always lost a lot of fish on jigheads and don't like to use them.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey Alex...if you're buying tubes from Seth, does that mean you're fishing (or have fished) Belleville? It's not my favorite Lake, but its close for me...I'm not sure if you're from the westside of town, but if you ever want a partner, I'm always willing and able! Your boat or mine, it doesn't matter to me.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have to agree with the Rite Bites, from Extreme Bass Tackle. That's about all that I use now, both 4" and 5". About the only reason that I go to the Outdoor Sports Show, here in Lansing, is to see Wayne for my annual supply of tubes.
I'm pretty sure that the ones sold by Gander Mountain are Schubert's. When my partner was working there, part time, we used a lot of those. When the shipments first came in, he would put a couple dozen bags of our favorites aside, and buy them at his discount. Some are sold under the Guide Series name by the bag, most are sold loose, in bulk bins. For flipping, I do like the Strike King, Flippin Tubes.

·
Registered
151 Posts
If it actually matters to anyone, I truly dont believe that the extreme tubes are right bite. Here in Mich. and the outlying states,whatever the territory is, shuberts brand is the only rite bite. The majority of the repackaging around here is with mizmo.There are others though.

·
Registered
927 Posts
seths tubes are top notch.

triple dipped and a ton of colors. i dont even know of another place to get triple dipped tubes.

i also like mizmo big boys.

i also have a ton from wayne ( extreme bass tackle )

tubes!

i want to go fishing

madman himself

·
Registered
28 Posts
I often wonder that same thing when I dig through my bags/boxes,totes . What tube do i like best ? Rite-Bite has the most consistent colors . Oh, ISG is gone from Detroit Michigan B.P.S
Seems they dont want to fill the orders,so BPS pulled them.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
There are only a few manufacturers of tubes, most are repackaged and sometimes from different sources under the same barnd. Schuberts, Rite Bite, Bass Pro Magnum Flippin, Crooked Creek and many others are all made by Precision Lures in Strawberry Arkansas. Some have exclusitivity to certain colors and names, but all are made side by side.

If you are interested in bulk orders for Precision tubes feel free to contact me.

Mini

·
Registered
424 Posts
ISG has changed hands there is 3 new owners and yes they have nice tubes I have used them religiously but things have changed at ISG, we will have to see what the future holds for them. I have used something new last year that was awesome for smallmouth but I really don’t want to talk about right now. Every time I bring it up someone tells me to SSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bassslayer you can't tease us like that, its alright I am guessing its Senkos wacky-rigged for smallies. I hear that works well, yet I haven't had enough nerve to go away from the generic tube. Am I right?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts