Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not eaxactly tubing. Floating is more accurate. And drinking. and floating.and drinking...you get the idea.
We are staying at Mac Lake Camground. Heading up Fri 8-19. Floating Sat the 20th, coming home Sun or Mon.

Any one want to join us?

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Is that anywhere near Mio? That's where our place is?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(MrsSunbum @ Aug 11 2004, 03:01 PM)Can't remember the name of the place we launch from. On the north end of town...big canoe rental place?
I forget too. I know the place though. Its been 6-7 years since I was there last.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Hitchman Acres
or the one across the street?

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
OMG! You are going to have a blast Elaine. I have done this twice and it's a hoot!!

I have plans that weekend or my a$$ would be right there next to ya! Floating and drinking and drinking and a floating!

Have fun!

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The origanal group has been doing this for over 20 yrs. I have done it for 16. (missed a couple) But its always a blast! Even if the weather takes a dump on us, we still have a blast. Drinking...and dancing in the rain...and drinking....

Wish you could be there Dawnie! What a blast that would be!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
That's were I was last weekend...did the old Birch family float down..dates back to the early 80's. Your not allowed to miss it. Had a good time as always. Drank to much, flipped the canoe to much, and to top it all off had a bug fly down my throught causeing me to puke.

We've got a place outside of Lewiston in Moon Lake area. Spent many a nights at Talleys.

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
Don't feel bad...you think you laughed about it my cousin who was riding with me about died laughing. We had just flipped the canoe and got it flipped back over when it happened. Had to pull over to puke after I was gaging trying to spit it up. So once we pulled over and a "took care of it" we went to take back off and flipped the canoe all over again.....it was a very very sad sight to say the least.

It was sunny out so I didn't think the water was cold at all really.....when I first got wet it sucked but after the inital shock it was fine.

·
Registered
3,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thats why we float, not canoe. I would be in the water more than the canoe!

The bug visual is still cracking me up! On the bright side, you had more room for beer after that, right?

G

·
the canoe rental place on the west side of m33 in mio is called gotts canoe livery.
the owner was my highschool michigan history teacher!
mack lake camp ground is where i would stay , before i had a cottage up there.
for fun try the hilcreast bar on m33 between rose city & mio. ask to join the OOGA OOGA club. they have a pig roast there twice a year. good food & good times!
or for an awesome steak try Timbers steak house . its at the south end of mack lake trail (489). in south branch. hint you'll go past ken neely's place to get there, & be about 2 miles from mine. but go slow m.l.t. (489) is loaded with deer this time of year.
keep yer buns dry!!! lol

keith

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,227 Posts
Sandman,
Unfortunately I won't be there that weekend

But I will be there Labor Day weekend for sure.

G

·
i'm shooting for labour day i hope.
it all depends on mesc.
i'd like to go for a week or so with the sand rail.
i'll know more a week from monday.
if i'm up then . i would like to finally meet up @ timbers 4 a beer????

·
Registered
55 Posts
I joined the OOGA OOGA club!!!!

We go to Timbers for the awesome steak.

This will be my 21st year tubing I think. Mr Loungello has gone since he was 18 I think - so let's see....That would make it... 24 years for him. How Crazy! This really is a blast if you can make it!

G

·
my favorite table in timbers is the one rite in front of the wood burner!!
nothing beats an awesome meal in the "hot seat" lol

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.