Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out again last night, from shore, but earlier this time (trying to pattern the fish on calm nights--my new goal! lol)

On the water from 9pm-11pm. Lost two good sized fish, one was def. a smallmouth, the other unknown, as it spit the crank before I got a look at it--very nice size fish whatever it was. Both fish lost were trolling (walking) the breakwall east of Ambassador Bridge.

At around 10pm, I landed a nice eater 'eye. Blue/silver wally diver, casting from one of my fav spots.

I know most of you have a boat, but if you're a shore fisherman, you can get some if you go at night--I've gotten 9 of my 11 'eyes this year from shore in the last month. Would def. love to get a camera to start posting some pics!

·
Registered
6 Posts
It has slowed down alot with me due to all the shaggy stuff in the water. I'm a Shoreman too and I fish where ever I can in the Anchor Bay area. I catch all kinds of things, but haven't managed to snag me any eyes yet. Perhaps I'll have to get out later in the evening-time.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(s-man1984 @ Sep 3 2009, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It has slowed down alot with me due to all the shaggy stuff in the water. I'm a Shoreman too and I fish where ever I can in the Anchor Bay area. I catch all kinds of things, but haven't managed to snag me any eyes yet. Perhaps I'll have to get out later in the evening-time.

Yeah, try evenings for sure--I don't even bother going before dark, since all I'm really after is 'eyes.

The cabbage has been bad for me of late too, but if you can manage to keep it off your lure long enough, it'll get bit. If the weeds are REALLY bad, I switch my crank bait to a 1/8 oz jig and GULP! Alive minnow grub, which tends to not gather as much weeds, and usually produces fairly well. If there's any type of breakwall/walkable shoreline near where you fish, just cast out a little ways and go for a walk, esentially 'trolling' the shoreline...the 'eyes will come in close to shore and feed, and you can cover a lot of water this way. I do this when it's too windy to cast from my fav spots, and it usually works just as well.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a cell phone (with some pics on it!) but can't find the cable to connect to my computer. The camera the wife and I have was a wedding gift from me to her, and in the neighborhood of $800, so I don't think she'd be happy if I brought that out fishing...

·
Registered
11 Posts
QUOTE(barnz @ Sep 3 2009, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have a cell phone (with some pics on it!) but can't find the cable to connect to my computer. The camera the wife and I have was a wedding gift from me to her, and in the neighborhood of $800, so I don't think she'd be happy if I brought that out fishing...

where by the bridge is a break wall you catch alot of eyes out there i fish south river road late night great foreyes pike muskie never been fishing down there

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(BigFishMan48089 @ Sep 5 2009, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(barnz @ Sep 3 2009, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have a cell phone (with some pics on it!) but can't find the cable to connect to my computer. The camera the wife and I have was a wedding gift from me to her, and in the neighborhood of $800, so I don't think she'd be happy if I brought that out fishing...

where by the bridge is a break wall you catch alot of eyes out there i fish south river road late night great foreyes pike muskie never been fishing down there

I fish the Canadian side of the Detroit River. I'm sure the shoreline on the American side would be just as good, if you can find the right places--shallow water near a deep dropoff.

·
Registered
11 Posts
QUOTE(barnz @ Sep 5 2009, 07:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(BigFishMan48089 @ Sep 5 2009, 02:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(barnz @ Sep 3 2009, 06:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I have a cell phone (with some pics on it!) but can't find the cable to connect to my computer. The camera the wife and I have was a wedding gift from me to her, and in the neighborhood of $800, so I don't think she'd be happy if I brought that out fishing...

I fish the Canadian side of the Detroit River. I'm sure the shoreline on the American side would be just as good, if you can find the right places--shallow water near a deep dropoff.

oh ok yea well im not permited over there so i huess ill sticl with s river rd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.