Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Vendor
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and Carlos got a late start today and started jigging near the sand piles around 9am. The one fish that we caught on Sunday spit up 2 large shad so we bulked up our presentations today attempting to "match the hatch". That seemed to work as we boated 2 nice Walleye in the first 3 short passes using double plastic minnows. However, from then until about 1pm nothing but Sheephead, White Bass and a big Carp that I snagged in the gill. By that time we had scaled down our presentations and we were both using Wyandotte worms. Every time I was going to move I'd see a handliner boat a fish so we just kept making short passes. They woke up for the lunch bite and from 1:00pm until 1:45pm we boated 3 more Walleye and lost 3 or 4 more that I believe were Walleye before we had to pack it in and head home. All in all not a bad day. Tomorrow I think we'll chase down some Perch.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Way to stick with it and get some fish in the boat.

I've seen and heard of some decent reports coming from the Sand Piles in the last little while; I've gotta make my way back down there sometime soon for the night bite.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.