Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
OMG, you mean TWO DRUNKS AND A TRUCK?!?!?!

I had an AWFUL experience with them...it is a franchised organization, though, so they may not all be bad.

They broke our marble kitchen table in half, broke a mirror and table...I could have lifted some of the stuff better than these guys did...

They ended up having to pay for all of the damages...and they did, but it was heartbreaking to watch them drop our furniture...

(This was the location near Lapeer - I think Pontiac? and it was 5 years ago....)

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
I had been told that they use day labor for their employees. The only company person is the driver. I used Moving with Janet and had no complaints.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
QUOTE(rfdeiter @ Aug 6 2003, 11:25 AM)I had been told that they use day labor for their employees. The only company person is the driver. I used Moving with Janet and had no complaints.
My dad used Moving with Janet and was really happy also...

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i always cracked up when i saw 'two men and a truck.' thought it was funny. i am GLAD that i never used them, if that's the case.

i've always used uhaul and the kindness of friends!

·
Registered
419 Posts
i actually used to work for them in high school and here and there in college. i think, and you will see this w/ every moving company, it all depends on the guys doing the work. we had some real slapdicks that worked there when i was there, but we also had some really skilled movers. it can be hit or miss. as long as you get guys that take their time and take care in packing the truck, and more importantly, know how to pack a truck right, you should be ok. keep an eye on them, not all the time, but watch them here and there, and they should be careful. but movers to get annoyed when the home owner watches every move they make. good luck to you, and if the guys you get look a little incompetent, get the insurance
hope this helps a little - my main point is, it is not necessarily the company, but the individuals they send to move you.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Saleena362 @ Aug 6 2003, 11:24 AM)OMG, you mean TWO DRUNKS AND A TRUCK?!?!?!

I had an AWFUL experience with them...it is a franchised organization, though, so they may not all be bad.

They broke our marble kitchen table in half, broke a mirror and table...I could have lifted some of the stuff better than these guys did...
Just be glad it wasn't Marti Gras season.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I have used them twice. no problems.
i did go with another company before...4 star moving in warren. they sucked @ss. they charged me more cause it was 'snowing' outside. they wouldn't move my refridgerator into my place now because it had the ice maker/water dispenser on it and in order to get it in the door tehy'd have to remove the doors of the fridge. they really pissed me off. OH and they stole my weedwacker.

<_<

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
QUOTE(Saleena362 @ Aug 6 2003, 11:24 AM)you mean TWO DRUNKS AND A TRUCK?!?!?!
Hey!!! Sounds like me when I move!!! haha

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
i don't know if they are good or bad, but how about cheap or expensive.....They are expensive.
Just moved in June, used Michigan Movers for a flat rate. Ask for Terek. They were quick and professional and 1/2 the price of 2 guys and a truck.

Always get the flat rate, they work harder and faster to get the job done!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts