Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Alright, 8 days before the big day and I decide to call the church this morning and talk with our priest- who we have been meeting with for the past 6 months getting ready for next week- WELL, the chickster who answered the phone tells me that Father O'Leary is not available and will be unavailable for the next 3 months.. WTF! HE was the priest who Tom and I had to meet with on a monthly basis so he could get to know us well.
So i asked her who was going to be performing our wedding???? She said oh "Father George Brown"- who the hell is he? I am so p!ssed right now-
no one would have even told us about the change if i did not call there....We have never even met Father George Brown before!!!! grrrrr......

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
get married in muscamoot then !
all captains can perform marriges

sorry to hear this, really !

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
That sucks.

The worst that happened to us was that the organist played the wrong song for Jill coming down the isle.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Good luck with the new priest!! Im sure everything will be just fine!!!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
SOUND LIKE WHAT HAPPENED TO ME , BUT MY PRIEST WAS REASSIGNED . HE DID MANAGE TO COME BACK AND PERFORM THE WEDDING THOUGH. SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT YOUR SITUATION THOUGH, YOU HAVE ENOUGH ON YOUR MIND RIGHT NOW SHOULDN`T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT KIND OF B.S.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah, it sucks.. now i have to get to know this priest within 1 week- what can you do though? Nothing i say!! If this is the worst that happens.. i think i can deal with it, but it really sucks BAD!
Snow... ugh, they better play the correct song while i am walking down the aisle... i met with my organist about that already!!

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Maybe he got caught with an altar boy.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Aug 28 2003, 01:05 PM)Maybe he got caught with an altar boy.

no snow.... he is in the hospital getting his hip replaced.

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
Ah, sorry to hear this, M-II. A polite phone call from the priest would have been in order. Very rude of him indeed. Just imagine how many others are upset, as well.

Don't let that ruin your big day. It's all about you and Tom and the love you share. Nothing can get in the way of that. You two will have a wonderful wedding~ENJOY~

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(manana-II @ Aug 28 2003, 02:08 PM)he is in the hospital getting his hip replaced.
Ouch....I'm feeling bad for what I posted.
Still someone should have called in his place.

Hope his surgery goes well. My Mom is having knee replacement a week from Monday. Not pleasant.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(manana-II @ Aug 28 2003, 02:08 PM)QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Aug 28 2003, 01:05 PM) Maybe he got caught with an altar boy.

no snow.... he is in the hospital getting his hip replaced.
Well, you never gave the reason. Can't blame me for speculating.

·
Registered
111 Posts
There you go again Snow!!!
Sometimes you are a real Horse's A$$!!!
Remind me never to hold a Zima for you!!!

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Oh man, Cyn! Sorry. I love Father O'leary.

But don't let this ruin your day. Everything will be just fine!! I am sure Father Brown will do a wondeful job during your ceremony!

Good luck buddy!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Aug 28 2003, 01:14 PM)QUOTE(manana-II @ Aug 28 2003, 02:08 PM) he is in the hospital getting his hip replaced.
Ouch....I'm feeling bad for what I posted.
Still someone should have called in his place.

Hope his surgery goes well. My Mom is having knee replacement a week from Monday. Not pleasant.
No, don't feel bad at all- his surgery was scheduled a month ago- he had plenty of time to call and let me know, or the church could have called us to inform us of the change... oh well **shoulders shrugged**- hopefully we can meet with Father Brown tomorrow night and talk. **fingers crossed**

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
I hope you realize I was only joking. I know how nerve-racking this next week can be.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
a wedding isn't about the church anyway, thats just a formality, it's all about getting likkered up at the reception

just kidding, i hope the new guy will work out, good luck

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
To make you feel a little better, think about the people who got married the Friday & Saturday of the blackout... I would have died! Good luck to you, everything will be wonderful!

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Aug 28 2003, 01:52 PM)I hope you realize I was only joking. I know how nerve-racking this next week can be.

I know you were kidding... actually i just spoke with him and even though i had to inform him on a few things.. he seemed very nice. I asked why no one called us and he said "The father has been mentioning he would be gone for the past 3 weeks during mass~ he appologized to all the brides" oops.... guess we need to start getting back into going to church on Sundays

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Does this mean we are not getting married now? Hmmm... does this mean I can go buy the 45 Sunseeker?
Sorry dear just joking making light of matters. I'm sure Fr. George Brown will do just fine for us...besides...his first name is GEORGE

1 - 20 of 51 Posts