Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the show today & left early enough so that I could go to Jon Bondy's seminar on jigging the Detoit River for musky. I had read Jon's article in Musky Hunter, In-Fisherman, Free Press, Det news etc. on the subject so I was expecting a refresher of those article. Boy was I wrong. I told my buddy afterward that of all the fishing show seminars that I've been too, Jon's was by far the best.

I walked out of that seminar with a chit load of info that I plan to put to use when on the water. My buddy, who doesn't like seminars much, was interested the whole time & he liked it as well. Not only did Jon cover musky he threw in some good info on bass & walleye as well. If you are going to the show be sure to attend his seminar even if you don't musky fish. I guarantee that you'll learn something. Be sure to stop at his booth as well.

Excellent job Jon.

On another note there where fewer vendors at the show this year. I'd say there was probably at least 10% few vendors this year than last year. Lots of open space this year. My buddy was mad that there was on 2 vendors giving out free chewing tobacco instead of 3 like the last year.

BTW Jon, I'm not a Right Winger. I actually was a middle of the road democrat/independent up until 2005. That's when I started working for the government & opened my eyes.
I'm a conservative American.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Another great show and I saw several great seminars. Jon Bondy's was great. Very informative and one of the best I`ve seen. A must see if going to the show. Great meeting you Jon. I also sat in on Lance Valentines jigging the Detroit River seminar on Lake Ultimate and it too was chock full of helpful info. Chip Cartwright`s Early Season Lake Erie Walleye was next on my list and the finale was Musky Bobs seminar on Lake Ultimate which is always informative as well as fun. He had me in stiches at some points. Good job, Bob.
The vendor count may have been down a bit but not much and I still managed to spend some $$ on a couple Bondy baits from KD Outdoors, (stop in at Kens, (Ninja`s) booth). I also purchased Lance Valentines Walleye 101 Seminar DVD`s, renewed my subscription to Michigan Outdoor News and picked up a custom made guide shirt from Okeefe`s Reef along with one for my grandaughter. The walleye shore lunch was good as usual and it was great seeing Zib, Todd, (sheepshead hunter), Ken, (Ninja), Rip, Jim Hodde, (from Wilson Marine) and of course my old buddy Bob. Chatted it up with a few guys from Lance Valentines booth as well. Here is couple pics from Bob`s seminar.

PS. Zib is really not as grumpy as he makes out to be. I call him Capt Jolly
. He`s really a great guy that is fun to fish with. Nice seeing ya, Mike

Attachments

1,036 Posts
Looking forward to attending the seminar myself! Does anyone know when KVD is going to be presenting?

By the way, I have to say you have the best tagline at the bottom of your posts Czar. Where did you get that quote from or is it something you created? I'd love to get a plaque or something with that on it to hang in my home.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
[quote name='weapons of bass destructon' date='Jan 8 2010, 09:54 AM' post='961179']
Looking forward to attending the seminar myself! Does anyone know when KVD is going to be presenting?

By the way, I have to say you have the best tagline at the bottom of your posts Czar. Where did you get that quote from or is it something you created? I'd love to get a plaque or something with that on it to hang in my home.
[/quote

I wish I could take credit for that signature but it` somthing I found and it really rang true with me. Yes there are plaques and tapestrys and the like you can order. It`s called The Fishermans Prayer and if you google it you`ll get lots of sites. Here is a starter. Good luck, have a happy New Year and may all your fish be lunkers.

http://search.aol.com/aol/search?query=fis...ent95_searchbox

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Thanks Zcar. It was a lot of fun and some of them were really into it. I bet those young fellows that trolled will try out casting this next season.

Good Fishing Everybody. Bob

Tip wear layers of clothing for ice fishing. Watch the ice on St Clair as with all the different currents in it you can go through the ice anywhere and I mean anywhere.

·
Registered
533 Posts
The last KVD seminar that I attended was an hour long commercial for Strike King. Not really what I expected from the best bass fisherman in the world.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Yes bob's seminar was informative as well as funny.If you get the chance to meet the legend Stop by his booth and stick around for his seminar. he is a great man with a lot of musky knowledge in him. I had a great time chatting it up with Bob. Still got to get you out to lunch/dinner at the steakhouse bob.

1,036 Posts
QUOTE(sarc @ Jan 8 2010, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The last KVD seminar that I attended was an hour long commercial for Strike King. Not really what I expected from the best bass fisherman in the world.

I saw him three years ago at the Fishing show and did not get that impression. He gave some great tips on working jerk baits and some good tips for LSC smallie fishing.

By the way, the new episodes of "Bass Pros" show on Versus channel has a couple of great segments with KVD fishing for smallmouth in michigan waters.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
here is another pic of musky bob. Too bad those trout didn't like the mepps. Atleast that is what i think it was not much of a lure fellow but it looked like a mepps to me. And those trout didn't want it at all. I hope you took worms with you today Bob.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(sarc @ Jan 8 2010, 10:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The last KVD seminar that I attended was an hour long commercial for Strike King. Not really what I expected from the best bass fisherman in the world.

They usually are a push for Strike King but you can still pick up a good tip or 2. He gave some good jerkbait tips that no other seminar pro or fishing mag article gave. There's some new Strike Kings out so I'm sure he'll be plugging them.

I'm going back on Saturday so I probably sit for one of his seminars.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I am one of the "young fellas" that were there last night. I fully intend on casting for them next season. I had a great time last night and loved chatting with you Bob. I wanted to meet a few more of you guys in person, but I will be back on Sun to listen to Bob again and will have a chance then.

For those of us that will be on the Ice this weekend, be safe and stay warm.

See you guys Sunday

1 - 14 of 14 Posts