Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, bass season is open and in full swing. plenty of tourneys going on. so where is all the bass talk? is it usually like this once the tournaments start? everyone is all tight lipped? i have not been a member for very long so i am not sure how it usually goes after the opener, but what gives? a month ago everyone was talking bass, now its all walleye, muskie, catfish ( thanks alot bob bower(sp?)
), wheres all the bass talk?

dont get me wrong, if it swims, i wanna catch it. i love reading all the reports on the other species. problem is, im a bass guy and i dont know much about the other fishies. i have never been walleye fishing, i have only caught one musky and it was by accident. pike are cool, but they are expensive, and by expensive i mean they always bite off my rogues. they aint cheap when you lose two a day to a northern.

BASS FISHERMEN speak up. you dont have to tell us where your fishing or what your catching them on, but lets have some b a s s b.s.

just a suggestion

madman himself

·
Registered
30 Posts
I haven't replied because I haven't caught many bucketmouths.....yet. I haven't even been out to St. Clair yet. This heatwave is killing me. The bass that I have caught have been mostly on small jigs. I have even caught some decent pike on cappie jigs. Purple seems to be the color on the inland lakes. The water has been about 61 degrees by mid afternoon. The bass haven't given the big lures a second look. Maybe it will hit 70 degrees by July.

·
Registered
59 Posts
We just had a tourny out of Bolles Harbor last Sunday(the 1st.)
We all had a good day out there.
19 boats, 7 fish limit (as a team). 125 fish brought to the scales(largemouth and smallmouth). 317.42 lbs. hit the scale. 15 fish were 3 lbs +. 5 were over 4 lbs.
22.06 lb stringer won it. 4.70 lb was big bass (largemouth).

Everybody had fun. What a way to start the season.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Season is not open on St Clair and that is where the Bass are. LOL. Bob

·
Registered
6 Posts
I wish we could stop catching bass. Just got back in...my son and I went out for about an hour to troll for dinner. 7 bass later we decided to go National and have some coneys.

Am i a spoiled fisherman? I was getting a little annoied with those pesty bait steeeling fish.

On the brite side we only needed a large-mouth to get a grand slam.

·
LSCN Sponsor
2,482 Posts
Just got back from Lake Orion. Zippy for me. Had a couple of blow-ups on a buzzbait but didn't land them. Seemed a little slooowwww for everyone tonight.

·
Registered
467 Posts
I used to catch bass...when I was fishing for fun! Seems like they all disappear come tournament time...lol...

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we have a lot in common jeff

how did you do on belleville the other night? we only had one keeper. i missed a nice one tho. 3lb+ smallie hit my rogue then came ot of the water about 3 feet and dropped it. we'll be back next week!

madman himself

·
Registered
467 Posts
Brian-
I didn't see you on Tuesday...what time did you show up and leave? Were you in your boat or Tony's? We only had one keeper (a whopping 1.45 pounder!)...we did catch close to 20 in the 10-13.99 in. range though...lol...Are you still going to Nepessing on Sunday?

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jeff,

we were in tonys boat. we got there at 4:30 and we didnt stick around for the weigh in. i had to get back to work because i left with my bosses keys

we will be at nepessing on sunday. should be a cool tourney.

madman himself

1 - 12 of 12 Posts