Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sitting around making a couple rods - passing time til I can get back out

Thinking about picking a camera up for fun - any one have some advice - trying to keep it under 200 bones

How about the Cabelas Brand ones?

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
If you really want to have fun, get a color camera. If you have to stay under 200, the fish tv is a cheap brand. I have an aqua-vu and LOVE IT! I havent checked aqua-vu prices recently, but i would make sure your camera:
can get extra batteries
isnt too heavy
is able to accept some form of recorder (its a blast!)
if you dont have a shanty, make sure it has a sunblocker

any other questions, please ask. (i have an aqua-vu scout xl)

·
Registered
6,969 Posts
Don't waste your time with the Cabelas brand. Mine worked good the first time I used it. Problem was it was months later when I used it again & the screen went on the second use & couldn't exchange it.

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
I would go with the Cabela's one. Mine has held up well with regular use for 3 years now. MY friend has an aqua-vu and we both agree that my Cabela's camera is MUCH better. I have no complaints, and they're pretty cheap.

·
Registered
52 Posts
QUOTE(icefishermanmark12 @ Jan 11 2010, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would go with the Cabela's one. Mine has held up well with regular use for 3 years now. MY friend has an aqua-vu and we both agree that my Cabela's camera is MUCH better. I have no complaints, and they're pretty cheap.

Thats good to know mark. I have a flasher and in less than 10 foot its pretty much worthless unless the water is clouded. I fished with my cousin at Houghton Lake this year and he has the Aqua-vu I loved it. I went to Cabelas last week and their camera was like 129 or 139, the aqua-vu is around 200. T

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
QUOTE(Speedytwo3 @ Jan 11 2010, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(icefishermanmark12 @ Jan 11 2010, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would go with the Cabela's one. Mine has held up well with regular use for 3 years now. MY friend has an aqua-vu and we both agree that my Cabela's camera is MUCH better. I have no complaints, and they're pretty cheap.

Thats good to know mark. I have a flasher and in less than 10 foot its pretty much worthless unless the water is clouded. I fished with my cousin at Houghton Lake this year and he has the Aqua-vu I loved it. I went to Cabelas last week and their camera was like 129 or 139, the aqua-vu is around 200. T

Why is a flasher useless in less than 10FOW? About 95% of my fishing is in less than 10FOW and I NEVER fish without it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
QUOTE(icefishermanmark12 @ Jan 11 2010, 09:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(Speedytwo3 @ Jan 11 2010, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(icefishermanmark12 @ Jan 11 2010, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would go with the Cabela's one. Mine has held up well with regular use for 3 years now. MY friend has an aqua-vu and we both agree that my Cabela's camera is MUCH better. I have no complaints, and they're pretty cheap.

Why is a flasher useless in less than 10FOW? About 95% of my fishing is in less than 10FOW and I NEVER fish without it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
If I am in 10 foot or less I am a looker. I set up close and look down the hole. Thats why I'd prefer the camera in that situation, then I could look at the screen. If I was fishing outside a shanty that would change though for sure, flasher wins in that scenario.

·
Registered
46 Posts
QUOTE(Greenhornet @ Jan 11 2010, 08:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sitting around making a couple rods - passing time til I can get back out

Thinking about picking a camera up for fun - any one have some advice - trying to keep it under 200 bones

How about the Cabelas Brand ones?

Ive got a Cabelas and its great.No problems.Ive got a extra batt. from my sled i use as backup when im out all day.Go online they have em on sale for around $90 at Cabelas.Have a safe day on the hard water.

·
Registered
179 Posts
i just ordered the cabelas cam with the 7.5" screen and infra red lighting. it was on sale for 139 and i had a 25$ gift card and a 20$ rebate so all said and done it was like 119$ think they were like 225$ list. i have heard good things about them and hope i don't have any problems. besides i thought you could return anything at cabelas.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
a dollar short and a day late . thats my story. I've got a 7.5" i'll sell for $100. Never used, other than 1 time in the house to see if it works.
It's a cabellas advance angler

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.