Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Yes this is 78lbs+ Caught in the moon river area in the Georgian Bay. Captured on a #5 Mepps silver aglia, 17lb. trilene green, bionic med.baitcaster abu-garcia reel. Released as it was caught in may trolling. Man what a monster. Wish it would of been caught in season. It would be the world record.... It was caught by my brother.... h2o

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Good GAWD!!!,...That is a HAWG!!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Great picture, i see there is someone in the boat taking a closer picture, can you try to get that to post as well? i have never even heard of a musky like i saw in your picture, that fish is very very old and probably has broken hundreds of lines haha
it would certainly look great on the wall, and i hate to ask about the size of the teeth?

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
I'll look to see if i can find more pictures Dgreif.... I'm also waiting to hear from muskiebobsr.... This is a real picture. This fish was on the wall @ the professional fishing center... steve jones saw it and wept. h2o

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Fish tremble..... correct released.... WOW how can you think that way.... The picture was hanging on the wall... h2o Now you understand i think...

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Thank-you very much fish tremble I should of said the picture was hanging your right. Prominate marina owner and others witnessed the release and it was successful.. That fish was a once in a life time catch for sure. Many hugh muskie's have been caught in that area of the georgian bay including the Canadian Record one...Thanks for the reply.... h2o

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
I lost one in 1985 that was at least 65 inches and I'm sure this fish is bigger. I'm jealous. Bob

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Thank-you muskiebobsr. You made my day replying, I hope other fisherman catch these monster muskies. The moon river delta is a prime place to land these water warriers.. I was right at the moon river waterfalls one time bob and honest one of these monsters surfaced directly next to the boat. Like he wanted to say hi the head was so big and that eye, that eye that looked right at me and my buddy.. We looked at each other as to have seen a ghost... Man we'll never forget that day. And than the muskie just sank before or very eyes... I can't even begin to exaggerate that moment... I know why you love these king fish of the freshwater. Good luck on the opener, the weather will be just right...... thanks again "bob"!!!!!!! h2o

·
Registered
18 Posts
H20, Do You have a more exact area where that was caught? and the depth of water? My friends and I would really epreciate some more information.

Thanks, Steve JR.

·
Registered
44 Posts
do you know if that fish was caught in blackstone harbour, woods bay, or moon river bay? any info would be good (I love to fish that area)

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Yes i had a picture of this fish in your store.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
This fish was caught on Victorial Day in 1990. The guy in the picture taking picture's had no film in the camera. He still hate's camera's to this day. LOL Thanks for all the response's and my brother feels a little more famous now. He also made Muskie Magazine as the center spread on it and went to a banquet for releasing this wonderful fish.. once again i hope you all enjoyed this once in a life time catch... h2o

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
It was caught entering the captain allen straights from Woods bay h2o

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
I`ve fished the waters of the Moon and I know where this fish, ( my oldest brother`s) and Ken O`Brians canadian record were caught. In my opinion the next world record Esox Mosquinonge will come from these waters. Good fishing to all and may all your fish be lunkers.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts