Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about a late May early June smallmouth trip to Burt/Mullett Lakes. Do you guys have a recommendation on which one to fish or are they one and the same?

Any suggestions on what to throw at that time of the year? Thanks for your advice.

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
They are connected and easily accessable from one another.

I like Mullet better, but Burt has some great fishing (and seemingly bigger fish).

Mini

·
Registered
91 Posts
Eric,My partner and I've won alot of money on Burt,
but there are really better fish on Mullet its just timing on when we were there for the Federation tournaments. If your planning on going up there this spring the Federation is going to be holding their first tournament of the year up there June 5th and 6th.
If your looking to go somewhere over Memorial weekend I would suggest going to Lake Skegmog near Traverse City it should be real good at that time.

·
Registered
927 Posts
i know a guy named Burt who has a mullet!

i wanna go fishing up north too.

hey mark,

i thought federation was draw?!?!? im so confused.

madman himself

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
(madman,
The Michigan federation classic series has been all team for several years now.)

I like Mullett about 0.44 pounds better than Burt, but I can't let Larry or Derek find out I'm telling you guys. (They think it's a big secret.)

Actually, I can't wait until our annual toadfest in late September/early October. I should come up with a better name for it... like Toadapalooza or something. Mac could probably help with that. Maybe even do a 'theme' cartoon???

·
Registered
927 Posts
where do i sign up? count me in for sure. a friend asked me to fish it with him this year but i thought it was a draw format.

madman himself

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
You can come to the next state meeting at Bass Pro Shops on Sunday April 4 at 1pm and pick up an application. We've been meeting on the second floor in the archery range, but they are working on a new meeting room location that will be available eventually.

They may have apps on their website someday, but not yet. You have to pay a little more if you aren't a member of a federation club. There's an application in the new federation newsletter BASS LINES (which looks great by the way) that just came out. There will be copies at the shows. Federation clubs will be at the shows also, probably with apps. Look for the CastingKids and the raffle boat.

I'd like to be a Mullett in June, but I won't make it this year. I think the bass will miss me. They'll have to wait until October.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts