Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
This probably isn't the best group to ask, since you boaters wouldn't dream of leaving your vessel behind and going north in the middle of summer, but maybe pre-boat, you've taken a vacation up north and can highly recommend a place?

No camping this time. Looking for a resort or a B&B. Leaning heavily towards Muskegon, but have not ruled out Traverse City.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
ask CBJ
or wiz's sister (who hangs with CBJ's wife, The Warden)
they go up north alot.

Also maybe ask peglegg,
Mini
or Kneely too

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
gaylord is awesome. you can rent your own cabin on otsego lake with a delicious view and it's RIGHT on the lake. i mean, you open your eyes and when you look out the window, there's the blue beauty of otsego lake. you can rent boats, and everything.

and they have the best liquor store for ALL your drunken needs aptly named 'hops and schnaaps!' yummy!

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Traverse City is cool....but uppity.

Muskegon is ok, great place for a boat. Silver Lake rocks! On the Great Dunes....awesome for offroading and rentals are available, usually a young happening crowd.

Indian River on the inland waterway of Burt and Mullet lakes. Peaceful, slow pace.

Irish Hills is nice, near Coldwater.

I will be heading to Glennie for my first time with Shan this weekend. Cant wait....

When I go up north I am usually fishing, imagine that!

The UP is a fav of mine....Paradise, Michigan on the shore of Superior is cool. Ever have a cheeseburger in Paradise? lol

Ilse Royale, if you want to be on an island in Superior, but much planning is needed. A 6 hour ferry ride from Copper Harbor.

Lots of options, never stayed at a B&B....I am usually in a two man backpacking tent.

Mini

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Aug 18 2003, 06:31 PM)gaylord is awesome. you can rent your own cabin on otsego lake with a delicious view and it's RIGHT on the lake. i mean, you open your eyes and when you look out the window, there's the blue beauty of otsego lake. you can rent boats, and everything.

and they have the best liquor store for ALL your drunken needs aptly named 'hops and schnaaps!' yummy!
Otsego is nice....Forgot about that one, I fished it before....lol

Mini

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i caught my sturgeon there this summer...and my bro caught a couple of those ugly suckers, too! ugh!

·
Registered
3,043 Posts
Kind of a long drive but We have been going to the Keweenaw for all of our lives and it is really an amazing place. Getting a bit cool now though. Copper Harbor, Eagle Harbor, and Eagle River.

·
Premium Member
11,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looking for a nice beach and lots of scenery. Nearby shopping or something to do in case it rains is a bonus.

·
Registered
366 Posts
from what u described Traverse city is the spot ,,but if u want to keep it a little more on the low key side i prefer Petoskey or harber springs,,, they have a lot of little shops ,,kind of a boardwalk by the boat docks and a lot of little pl;aces to eat ,, there loacted about 15 minutes apart so u can do one each day

theres alot of B&B's in both towns

1 - 11 of 11 Posts