Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

Up North?

2K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  Snowbi-Wan 
#1 ·
I woke up today with insane cravings for up north! Not something I typically would want to do...

but, I see myself in a cabin, on a peaceful lake, with a coffee, comfy clothes, a fire out back...

Anybody know of any cool places up north with nicer cabins on the water?

#4 ·
QUOTE(pauligan @ May 28 2004, 10:45 AM)I woke up today with insane cravings for up north! Not something I typically would want to do...

but, I see myself in a cabin, on a peaceful lake, with a coffee, comfy clothes, a fire out back...

Anybody know of any cool places up north with nicer cabins on the water?
You've pretty much described Jill's parents' place in the U.P., except they have a fireplace inside.

That's about all there is to do up there if you don't fish.

#5 ·
My place is 2 hours away.....fire pit is out front though.
Fire place inside, surrounded by forest.

Beautiful and peaceful.....the SunBum's can attest to that!!!

Pauligan....I won't be there this weekend...if you wanna go, let me know and I'll tell you where the key is hidden.

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
P, you are more than welcome to come up to my parents place with us!

The have a brand new huge house on Milecoquins Lake in the UP, part of the Hiawatha Sportsmanship Club.

You did describe what is like up there.

The best thing is sitting out in their screened porch watching the sun go down....

The air is so crisp and clean, as soon as I get over the bridge I open my window and just suck in the air...Good sleeping weather too.

#7 ·
danimal and i and some friends are going up north this weekend to danimal's property. it ain't right on the lake, tho. you are more than welcome to either tag along or pm me for directions and join us! just loaded in $200 in food, and the winnings from that 'cooler of cheer' i won are in the process of being loaded in the car! lol! bon fire, fun... ahhhhhhh! up north!

#8 ·
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ May 28 2004, 12:57 PM)danimal and i and some friends are going up north this weekend to danimal's property. it ain't right on the lake, tho. you are more than welcome to either tag along or pm me for directions and join us! just loaded in $200 in food, and the winnings from that 'cooler of cheer' i won are in the process of being loaded in the car! lol! bon fire, fun... ahhhhhhh! up north!
Where's Danimal's property at?

#10 ·
QUOTE(Boss @ May 28 2004, 12:49 PM)The best thing is sitting out in their screened porch watching the sun go down....
Yeah, you remember these:

#14 ·
What a perfect house!! I see those chairs in the screened in porch!! ahhhhhhh

Thanks for the offers!!

Ken, I've got this weekend packed; otherwise I guarantee you I would have moseyed up there! Thank you so much for the offer!

Jill -n- jeff... becareful who you invite where... bc I may just take you up on that!

CK... you guys have fun this weekend; get through that cooler of free alcohol!

#15 ·
QUOTE(Ken Neeley @ May 28 2004, 01:01 PM)QUOTE(surfergirlck @ May 28 2004, 12:57 PM) danimal and i and some friends are going up north this weekend to danimal's property. it ain't right on the lake, tho. you are more than welcome to either tag along or pm me for directions and join us! just loaded in $200 in food, and the winnings from that 'cooler of cheer' i won are in the process of being loaded in the car! lol! bon fire, fun... ahhhhhhh! up north!
Where's Danimal's property at?
in lake, mi. the property is actually on the county line of isabella and clare counties. 40 acres of fun! you're welcome as well.

hell, ANYONE who's not gonna be on the lake is welcome to come and stop on by. gotta house, a pole barn... plenty o' room!

#16 ·
Sorry P, no cabins here but as I type this, my camper is overlooking lake Michigan and a short walk to the shore reveals an awesome view of the Mackinaw bridge.
The smell of the campfire is in the air. I guess I am living your craving.

#24 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE(John Maniaci @ Jun 1 2004, 10:29 AM)PS

Snow, I am using your pictures as a slide show screen saver and my desktop since you posted them. That sky is incredible.

Mini
There's probably twice as many than what I posted if you want them all. Plus, they'd all be larger from before I resized them to post, so you'd have better quality.

I'll try to take more this summer.

#26 ·
QUOTE(John Maniaci @ Jun 1 2004, 10:33 AM)Yes, please burn them to CD or try to zip and email to: mini (at) lakestclair.net.

Thanks!

We (All Star) may even want to use a couple for our website/catalog.....

Mini
No problem. They are on my computer at home though. I'll have to do it tonight.

There are few enough where I can just email them to you .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.