Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Me and my roomate didnt catch anything...may have had a few bites but didnt hook anything...caught more of a buzz than anything. I would like to thank everyone that posted any tips. It was worth a try. Going to try again soon. Im going out tomarrow with a few people to gino's going to see how it goes. Wondering if i should be in shallow or find the weeds? Any tips will post report tomarrow night.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
If you are looking for crappies I would suggest another lake such as Kent, Stoney, etc. LSC is a poor lake for crappies. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
Honest truth, I have caught many more keeper crappies on Belleville the past few years than I have LSC. There are some around, but I have had no luck fishing them through the ice. Otherwise, I would not be messing with perch this time of year. PM on the way.

801 Posts
QUOTE(little guy @ Feb 17 2010, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Honest truth, I have caught many more keeper crappies on Belleville the past few years than I have LSC. There are some around, but I have had no luck fishing them through the ice. Otherwise, I would not be messing with perch this time of year. PM on the way.

I catch ALOT of LSC crappie but ONLY in the canals, the spring is incredible for them and their are some big ones.

·
Registered
81 Posts
QUOTE(skip johnson @ Feb 17 2010, 07:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(little guy @ Feb 17 2010, 06:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Honest truth, I have caught many more keeper crappies on Belleville the past few years than I have LSC. There are some around, but I have had no luck fishing them through the ice. Otherwise, I would not be messing with perch this time of year. PM on the way.

I catch ALOT of LSC crappie but ONLY in the canals, the spring is incredible for them and their are some big ones.

a few week ago i took 15 nice crappie in a canal off the salt river they were all 10 to 15 inches

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.