Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Code:
Don't forget about me on this one!! I'm interested in doing something similar!
Can do! I am almost positive the helms the same size. The two iner panel should be the same layout. I have mine off to make the templates. The two outer will depend on if you have a eng sync (port) and if your trim tabs switches are mount in that area. (Stb)

Where you thinking on replacing the gauges as well? If so we can use the same template for the burl wood. Hour meters? Rudder indicator?

I have ordered some of the stuff but could dbl up the orders for the rest.

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
My engine sync is between the tachs (just a left/right meter)

I do have pics of my layout somewhere here. I think all the panel dimensions are the same, just not sure about the holes. My outer stbd does have a trim switches, but the rocker kind. One on the left is blank still. I replaced the outer ones with teak boards when I got the boat because the previous owner did somewhat of a hack job mounting a digital depthsounder there. I might move my trim switches down lower on the station, as you really don't need to look at them to use them. Rather put something more useful up on the panel.

I don't have a rudder indicator (yet). Thought several times of just putting a "Centered" light at the helm with a magnetic switch down on the rudder linkage.

Do you have a lower station? (if so) are you going to do the panels for that too?

What are those switches left and right of the keys? I don't think I have those!

I have wanted to replace the gauges, but hadn't wanted to drop the $$. My setup is a little different... where you have (what looks like) the hour meter, I have the remote for the spot. My hour meter is in the electrical panel.

You around for lunch somewhere on Thur or Fri to discuss??

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
Why wouldn't you put your underwater lights in the same group with the other 'mood' lights (courtesy, stair, aft, etc) ?

Also, I've been thinking of adding a warning light next to the bilge pump switch and wired directly to the switch (on 'auto' side), so you know when the automatic switch kicks in and starts the pump... and maybe a buzzer if it's on longer than 15 sec or so... what do you think?

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Why wouldn't you put your underwater lights in the same group with the other 'mood' lights (courtesy, stair, aft, etc) ?

Also, I've been thinking of adding a warning light next to the bilge pump switch and wired directly to the switch (on 'auto' side), so you know when the automatic switch kicks in and starts the pump... and maybe a buzzer if it's on longer than 15 sec or so... what do you think?
I would like to but I don't think I will have room for 4 switches in that area.

I am switch to toggles with lighted tipped ones on the pumps so that I know when they in the manual mode so that they don't get inertly left on continuously. Not sure if that the same reason for you. Are you wanting to know about a possible high water issue? If so they have separate alarms for that.

Oh I pm you about lunch.

·
Registered
10,182 Posts

I am switch to toggles with lighted tipped ones on the pumps so that I know when they in the manual mode so that they don't get inertly left on continuously. Not sure if that the same reason for you. Are you wanting to know about a possible high water issue? If so they have separate alarms for that.

Oh I pm you about lunch.
[/quote]
Oh, I was going to ask you about the switch lights... if you were A) using them to light when the device was active, or B ) just lit like a gauge at night so the switch position and location is visible... sounds like "A)" from this last note.

If you use the light to activate when the switch was on, then it would also show you if the pump was running in 'auto' as well... that's what I'd want to know... .a very early indicator than a 'high water' alarm. I know they have counters too but I'm not that interested in that historical info.

(edit: changed
to B ) )

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Oh I pm you about lunch.
[/quote]
Oh, I was going to ask you about the switch lights... if you were A) using them to light when the device was active, or B ) just lit like a gauge at night so the switch position and location is visible... sounds like "A)" from this last note.

If you use the light to activate when the switch was on, then it would also show you if the pump was running in 'auto' as well... that's what I'd want to know... .a very early indicator than a 'high water' alarm. I know they have counters too but I'm not that interested in that historical info.

(edit: changed
to B ) )
[/quote]

The labels will be lite at night to see the location of the switch. wired to the pannel switch with the gauges. Lited tips to show when they are switched on. If you notice the two ON labels one lite in blue the other in white. these are ON-OFF-ON switches that switch between Blue light to white light.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All three together. Just need to add the LED back lights. Green for all I am thinking except one (ON) will be blue and the other will be White. These switch are two way switches to switch between the blue lights and the white color lights. Color will indicate which.

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Removed the old gauges and made the pattern for the burl wood panel. The panel will but 1/4" PVC with the 3M vynle over it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts