Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
122 Posts
We have a set of Firestone airbags on a 2006 Ford F-250 and tow a 10,000# trailer 5 days a week in the summer.

We have a compressor and let some air out when not towing the trailer. The install was easy and they are very reliable

Good Luck

BRBSTA

· Registered
5,365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
QUOTE(Heavy Handed @ Aug 13 2009, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for the posting. I look forward to seeing how the tow. Price sounds very reasonable.

The tow, minus the trailer wheel falling off
, was absolutely awesome. Again, instant difference. I checked the sag, and my truck wheel well unloaded sits 9" above the tire. When fully loaded with firewood, gear, and the boat which was also loaded with gear in the cuddy (good amount of tongue weight i'm sure) the truck's wheel well sat 6.5" above the tire. Back in the day when the shocks were crap, it easily sat 2-4" above the tire when loaded up.

I would certainly recommend these shocks to any serious tower/hauler. The control is awesome. There is one warning I will throw out there tho. These are coil-overs. I have maybe 1/4" of clearance around the springs around the upper mounting bracket on both sides. When fully unloaded (during install) the springs actually rubbed the frame, so my paranoia set real high. Upon dropping the truck and loading up the springs, the shocks settled into position and I saw i'd be good. This may not hold true in all applications.

QUOTE(brbsta @ Aug 13 2009, 08:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We have a set of Firestone airbags on a 2006 Ford F-250 and tow a 10,000# trailer 5 days a week in the summer.

We have a compressor and let some air out when not towing the trailer. The install was easy and they are very reliable

Good Luck

BRBSTA

That is great info BRBSTA. I have been looking for a truck bed camper so I can still tow the boat AND have a reliable camper with bath and bed. I don't want to get a new truck but I know my factory suspension will not like it loaded with camper, gear, and boat. I am pretty positive air bags will be a must then, along with a compressor.

Where did you guys mount your compressor? Is it electric or motor driven?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.