Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone knows I organize a youth charity event every year to take underpriveledge children fishing. This year I have had 4 boats back out at the last minute and I was a few boats shy to start with.

Fish-n- Friends is a youth charity fishing event to take underpriveledge children fishing. I don't have the heart to tell these kids I don't have enough boats to take them all fishing.

If anyone has a boat that would be willing to take a couple kids fishing Saturday on Lake Orion it would be greatly appreciated.

A pontoon, fishing boat, bass boat would be nice but these kids are not picky.

These are kids that never get to go fishing. Most have never been fishing.

If you want to volunteer please call me at 586-202-3594

I will need the boats to be there at 7 am and we will fish until 11:30 Then break for awards and prizes.

If your available please donate half your day for a worth while cause.

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We gained two and lost two boats today.

It's desperation time for our Saturday Sept 12th Lake Orion Fish-n-Friends day for the Crossroads for Youth fishing day. These kids have earned the privilege of going out with us fishing for the day and are looking forward to it. I am afraid we'll have to tell some kids we can't get them out on the lake for the 4 hours of fishing. Please let's not let these kids down.

Many of us take fishing for granted because we can go whenever we want. Most of us had someone who took us fishing when we were young. These kids don't have that. Most of these kids have never been fishing and if not for us would never have be introduced to the sport of fishing.

I don't know where I would be today if no one had taken me fishing. How often do you have a chance to influence the future of our sport and the future of a child? How many tournaments do you fish a year? How many times have you given back to the youth or the sport of fishing?

We've had nothing but great success every year. The kids end up just being kids, enjoying a chance to fish out of boats with caring adult anglers who give them something they probably have not gotten enough in their lives before.

I realize we are all busy and the economy is killing us, but we do get to enjoy what we love much more than these kids. Many of them have never been fishing before. Some of them have little in their short lives they can look forward to.

We really need your help, and the help of any other boaters you may know. Ideally, we'd like about 10-12 boats and two or three pontoons. You don't have to have a fancy bass boat to help out. The kids just want to go fishing. Believe me, they really want to go. I'll add that almost every boater who has ever helped us out has told me it was a special day they'll always remember and want to do again. There's many things you can do with your day, but few will have the impact on your life as this one.

Please, help us out. We need boaters at the Lake Orion DNR ramp TOMMOROW SATURDAY SEPT 12TH between 6:45am and 7:15 AM. We will stop fishing at 12 noon and if you care to stay, we will have dinner and a short awards ceramony afterwards.

If you have questions or plan to volunteer please give me a call 586-202-3594 or call Jaye at 81-875-0696

1 - 2 of 2 Posts