Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
8,195 Posts
i LOVE vegas! i've been 13 times so here's what i suggest:

*stay on the strip for your first visit. there's something awesome about walking out of your hotel right out onto the strip and BAM! you're in the action!

*if you do stay on the strip, you will not need to rent a car. IMO, it's the biggest waste of $$$. you can taxi or walk everywhere, and taxis are not expensive when you're splitting it with another. you can take a cab to freemont street, and it really isn't all that expensive. but if you do rent a car, parking is free.

*where to stay? i suggest somewhere in the middle of the strip. monte carlo was great. good pool, good restaurants. the rio, although off the strip, was awesome. great pool, great clubs, lots of excitement and there is a free shuttle between the rio and harrahs. harrahs, the pool is simple and does not get good sun for tanning. but the carnival court is ALWAYS hopping (just ask raft guy with jager! lol) the venetian: awesome. good pool, great rooms, good shopping. the hard rock is my ultimate #1 totally awesomest place to stay. awesome pool (and they have web cams so we can see you!), awesome club and restaurants (pink taco, nobu), awesome vibe. the luxor is ok. nice rooms, good pool, great club (ra), good restaurants. treasure island is awesome, too, and they have a new free show called 'sirens'.

free shows... there is so much to do there for free (you know me, i love free! and a bargain!). there's the bellagio fountain show, the volcano at mirage, the pirate show at treasure island, the statue show and the atlantis show at cesars palace in the shops at the forums.

let's talk shopping.....drooL!!!!! the desert passage shops at the aladdin are AWESOME!!! so are the shops at the forum at cesars, the fashion square mall, and venetian. wanna know what else is fun? doing your shopping with a margarita!! you can totally drink and shop because you can carry your liquor with you EVERYWHERE!! on the street, in the hotel, in the shops...

i love las vegas. i could go on and on... wanna go out to lunch and talk vegas? let me know!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.