1 lb ground venison

3/4 light cream

2 Cups plain whole yogurt

1/2 tsp nutmeg

butter

1/2 tsp cinnamon

salt

pepper

Preheat oven to 375. Brush eggplant with olive oil, season with salt and pepper. Heat 2 Tblsp olive oil in large non stick skillet and brown eggplant over medium heat. Remove to paper towel to drain. Heat 2 Tblsp olive oil in same skillet and cook onion and garlic for 3 min. Add venison and brown completely. Add the spices, and tomatoes. Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 min. In a second non stick skillet, heat 3 tblsp olive oil and brown potato slices on both sides. Remove to paper towel to drain, season with salt and pepper. In a buttered baking dish, layer patatoes, meat, eggplant and top with parmesan. In a medium bowl, combine yogurt, eggs and cream. Season with salt and pepper and pour over ingrediants in baking dish, let sit for 10 min and then bake for 30-40 min or until golden brown and bubbly. Allow to sit for 15 min before serving. makes 4 servings.

Enjoy!

·
3,236 Posts
Never had Mousaka. What culture is it from? I do have plenty of venison so I will give it a go either way.

·
Premium Member
19,196 Posts
Brings back memories of parties of the past. I have made tradditional Moussake, termoussalada, and a Galactaburrecco(sp foooo sure) and a bunch of other goodies. Wow I could really play with this one. Great recipe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.