Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
oh man! i just spent the last 25 minutes on the phone with them because they say they didn't receive my payment from a month or 2 ago and i had the canceled check and everything, but NO! that wasn't good enough! i had to make arrangements from my bank to fax to them the canceled check and that was only AFTER i had to persuade them not to make me send it in the snail mail because they wouldn't get it for a couple days and in the meantime they were going to suspend my service... OVER THEIR MISTAKE!!

and that's the third time that THAT has happened! the first time i made the missing payment by credit card only to have them cash the check for the same amount, too!

not to mention the problems i encountered when my phone that i had for 2 weeks broke & i had to go in to have it replaced and they wanted to charge ME for their lousy merchandise!

screw verizon. come the # change, i'm going elsewhere... any suggestions (besides nextel!)? my ears are open!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
That does suck... but, I wouldn't change. Too many other things are good about them...

Believe me, everytime I wait for 50 minutes I hate them!

·
Registered
481 Posts
yeah, i've gone through it too, but reluctantly stick with em cuz i've heard from sprint and other users who switched from verizon that the coverage isnt as good.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
that doesn't give me any warm fuzzies. lol!
t-mobile? anyone?
anyone with verizon going to get the 2-ways when they come out?

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
Aside from my last phone going for a swim at HCN, I've never had any problems with Verizon during the last 3 years.

·
Registered
465 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Oct 8 2003, 07:37 AM)anyone with verizon going to get the 2-ways when they come out?
When they come out with a three-way, I'm IN! j/k, sort of.........

Wow, I have had Verizon for many years & had NO problems at all.......

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Oct 8 2003, 08:37 AM)that doesn't give me any warm fuzzies. lol!
t-mobile? anyone?
I'm with Snowy. I never really had a problem with them. Sorry to here about yours.

As far as verizons Push to talk service. I know about 8 peeps with nexthell and they are thinking of switching to Verizon's Push to talk. My current contract is up so if they do switch I most likly will too.

·
Registered
481 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Oct 8 2003, 07:37 AM)that doesn't give me any warm fuzzies. lol!
t-mobile? anyone?
lol, i hear ya, but youre prolly not gonna get any better service with the others, they all hire $8.00/hour people who dont give a $hit about their quality of work.

i'm gonna start looking at the verizon two ways, i've wanted to get nextels but didnt cuz i didnt wanna change my cell number.

only thing that worries me bout verizon two way initially is that no one i know yet has it, so there wont be anyone to two way with.

·
Registered
481 Posts
one of the best things you can do is ask for a supervisor and tell them youre extremely unhappy and that youre gonna switch unless they give you an incentive to stay. works for me all the time. i called comcast and told them i'm unhappy with their service and was gonna switch to wide open west (even though theyre not in our area) unless they gave me cable and internet for 50 bux a month (like w.o.w. is doing in other areas). they agreed and gave me cable and internet for 50/month for the next year. keep going up the chain of command until you get what ya want.

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
What a bummer CK. I've been with Verizon for 3 years and haven't had problems. Their service centers do suck unfortunately. Don't switch to Cingular whatever you do, I couldn't get a signal in St Clair Shores if my life depended on it, and NEVER got a signal out on the lake and if we did, went into roam. <_<

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
I have Sprint, and other than them being a bit pricier (a word?) I dont have any real problems with them. Coverage is good, I can get a signal out in the middle of the lake most of the time, and rarely goes into roam around here.

Right now, it runs me about $68.00 a month for 500 regular minutes, unlimited off peak and weekend minutes and unlimited Sprint to Sprint calls. Also has free long distance.
And, I share the minutes with FullThrottle on her phone, which she hardly uses or carries.

Once the law changes in Nov. (I forget the excate date) you will be able to change over to any service adn retain your same cell number no matter who you go with. I'll be looking for a chaper price, but am happy with Sprint 99.5% of the time.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(littlewing @ Oct 8 2003, 08:56 AM)one of the best things you can do is ask for a supervisor and tell them youre extremely unhappy and that youre gonna switch unless they give you an incentive to stay. works for me all the time. i called comcast and told them i'm unhappy with their service and was gonna switch to wide open west (even though theyre not in our area) unless they gave me cable and internet for 50 bux a month (like w.o.w. is doing in other areas). they agreed and gave me cable and internet for 50/month for the next year. keep going up the chain of command until you get what ya want.
funny... i did ask for a supervisor. the guy was like, 'then i will interupt your service since you don't appreciate what i've done for you' (which was nothing at that point) and i said, 'go right ahead. as long as i'm getting a supervisor, you can shut me off all together.'

seriously? you guys have had NO problems? wow. i'm jealous! i had no problems up until my usual phone guy left for the war last year. oh well, i guess i'll just have to suck it up... WHICH SUCKS! grrrr.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I have T Mobile. I have tried them all, and though there is not much difference in the better ones as far as coverage goes. thats because they share cell towers and the service areas dont improve much from one Co. to another. I havnt had any costomer service or billing problems with T Mobil, I have have had them with other companys so for now T M is where its at for me. Plus the Lake coverage is good.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I've got to agree with the majority here (what a rarity for me lol) I've had no problems with Verizon so far (last 3 years) and love their coverage and customer service. Jeez Ck when I went in to complain about a phone they upgraded me no charge. So much for my theory about a beautiful girl gets all of the perks and us neanderthals just getting the percolater grinds.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
That sucks CK. I've had Verizon for a long time and haven't had problems. I don't know if you would have better luck going in person to talk... at least you could look them in the eye and tell them to fock themselves. Plus if there are other customers in the lobby, they will hear the conversation.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
You could look into Virgin Mobile. I don't know anyone that has it, but see it advertised.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Once I can take my number I am leaving Sprint for Verizon. I hate sprint with a passion and can't wait to get out.

A guy at works girlfriend works for verizon and they are testing that 2 way stuff and it seems to work great. On verizon you can actually see if the person you're going to 2-way can even recieve the call before you send it. Relieves all that "hey you there stuff" which annoy's the hell out of me when Peeps are doing it all through the stores and never get a response back.

My .02

Cotty

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I've always had sprint, so I have nothing to compare it to. Never had any problems though.
On another note I just heard on the radio that the FCC I think they said or whoever regulates the phone companies is going to force all the cell phone providers to let there customers keep there phone numbers when they switch to a different service, so if anyone is thinking of swithing at least you can keep your number. They didn't say when that go's into affect though.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
I know everyone loves verizon here, but I have had sprint for 2 years, Cingular before that, and I am extremely happy with them. Get a business account and you get even better rates. We get unlimited free sprint to sprint, like the 2 ways, but we can actually have conversations.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts