Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner

VHF Radio

969 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Convincor 
G
#1 ·
Over the past summer I bought an iCom handheld and really love the performance of it. I am gonna upgrade my old radio in the boat and I really like the options on this one.
Anybody have good/bad luck with this radio?

Other than that, this is the one I think I have decided on. The price is right and as far as iCom goes I have heard nothing but good things.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
The DSC feature is nice. Be sure to register and get your number. Boat US did it for a while for free. I have the Standard Spectrum radio. It has that plus with the gps hooked to it I can see the time, date, speed and course on the front display. It also has a 20watt hailer which is awesome!!! Probably my FAVORITE feature (one you could use) is that it has a speaker in the mic. You talk into the mic, then put it to your ear and hear who you're talking to. You NEVER have to struggle to hear the lousy speaker on the radio. Its great when the radio is loud or maybe exhaust on an offshore. When we all get our numbers I can have my radio call you by itself and it will beep at me when you answer the call.

#5 ·
icom and Standard Horizon are solid names in 2-way radios. I'm sure either will do you well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.