Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say that I stopped by Friday and had a look at my boat after Sparky took care of some chips in the glass and then did a barrier coat as well as applying the VC17. It looks great. I would recommend them to anyone.

Great Job Sparky and thanks again.

Randy

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I was in there Sat morning I bet I saw your boat and didn't even know it. Which boat was your spider?

There's no question Sparky is a good guy!

·
12,052 Posts
Sparky's the man when it comes to fiberglass work.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rerun, its already shrink wrapped and over in the storage lot.

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
I have my boat at Sparky's right now. I just picked up a 26' eliminator. I hung out there last Friday night. He does really good work. He builds race boats and won a race on the St. Clair river a couple years ago. His shop is right off Rosso Hwy (where Jefferson curves into Hall Rd), right outside of Selfrige.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
Actually, Bill (ex-ECUTIONER) does a majority of the fiberglass work and part builder/designer at Vicious. He did your hull Spider. Sparky is the owner, mechanic, etc. he's a great guy indeed!! Also a friend.

He's off M-59 West of Jefferson (N. side)
28145 Kehrig Dr.
Chesterfield, Mi
Ph: 586-598-4077

Here's a pic from the St. Clair Rv. Race (GLSCS)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(BoatChic @ Nov 18 2003, 04:21 PM)Actually, Bill (ex-ECUTIONER) does about 99% of the fiberglass work and part builder/designer at Vicious. He did your hull Spider. Sparky is the owner, mechanic, etc. he's a great guy indeed!! Also a friend.
Thanks for the info Boatchic. I knew someone else from the board worked there, but wasn't sure who. I am sure I saw Bill when I was there.

Thanks Bill. The hull looks great!!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
QUOTE(dnasty @ Nov 18 2003, 09:07 AM)I have my boat at Sparky's right now. I just picked up a 26' eliminator.
I saw the boat there Sat morning. Looks great! Can't wait to see it out on the lake next year!

·
Registered
5,799 Posts
Thanks Rerun! This is my first boat. I've owned a couple of jet skis in the past. The wife didn't really care for the Sea Doo's that much, so I had to give in. Sparky came out and did an engine test for me before I bought it. At first he told me it should do about 70 mph. Then, last Friday, he told me he talked to a few people and they said it should do 80 mph. I had no idea!!! I have never been in a boat that has done more than 50 mph. I can't wait till the spring to take it out for a test run!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts