Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice Seems??

It is about $85.00 for Comcast Internet and basic digital cable / And 69.99 for WOW Internet and Basic digital cable

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I have Comcast. its still usually very fast.

Some friends switched live in Sterling Heights switched from Comcast because it was dogging, and they've been happy with WOW.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
Comcast has been very reliable and the net service is normally quite fast.

I wish I had WOW or another cable co in my area to try. Comcast has a monopoly in my area and basic dig cable and internet is $107.00 a month. <_<

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Boater2be @ Feb 3 2004, 11:26 PM)I wish I had WOW or another cable co in my area to try. Comcast has a monopoly in my area and basic dig cable and internet is $107.00 a month.

If you call and threaten to switch to something else they will cut you a deal. My Comcast bill was about that much, but I got it down to just under $70 by threatening to switch to Direct TV and Net Zero or something like that.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Tip for everyone!!!!!!!!

Call up and ask for just cable internet and see what the price is. The cable companies can't distinguish between the two signals so you still get basic cable if you have the internet through your cable provider. I save about $25 on my bill.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Where stuck with Comcast in Harper Woods. We'd have to switch to Direct TV or some other satellite provider. They won't let any other cable provider in our city or the Grosse Points. Also they regulate what is on our pay-per-view channels.

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i just went thru the same thoughts about 2 or 3 weeks ago. i got jerked around by comcast when my cable went down. when i started asking around to my bro and some of his friends and my friends, the concensous was that the ones that switched to WOW to save a few bucks regretted it because they had nothing but problems with WOW.

apparently, WOW rents its cable lines from comcast.

just a little more insight. i kept comcast. and i HATE getting bent over every month!

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
QUOTE(surfergirlck @ Feb 4 2004, 09:22 AM)and i HATE getting bent over every month!
That makes sence, Wall action can't be that easy on the skull when you bent over.

·
LSCN Sponsor since 3/11
4,629 Posts
QUOTE(threecrabs @ Feb 4 2004, 06:15 AM)... is cheaper and never goes down!
I hate it when that happens!!!

·
Registered
19,233 Posts
QUOTE(Focker @ Feb 4 2004, 09:49 AM)QUOTE(threecrabs @ Feb 4 2004, 06:15 AM) ... is cheaper and never goes down!
I hate it when that happens!!!

If that is the case....then I will gladly pay the higher price for the going down service

Very funny, Focker!
smarty pance

·
Registered
612 Posts
I had Comcast in Harrison Twp and the fastest it would go is around 600 - 800 mbps. It also cut out a lot. I switched to WOW and now I get 1.700-1.900 mbps and its more stable. Glad I have a choice!

·
LSC Raft Moderator
1,472 Posts
QUOTE(WETBAR @ Feb 4 2004, 08:29 AM)Where stuck with Comcast in Harper Woods. We'd have to switch to Direct TV or some other satellite provider. They won't let any other cable provider in our city or the Grosse Points. Also they regulate what is on our pay-per-view channels.
Thats why we went with Direct TV but still pay those Comcast a$$ clowns for internet

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
My Comcast service was pretty good BUT the bill was wrong, to their benefit, most of the time. It's so irritating having to call, sit on hold, hope you get someone that knows what their doing, just to get your bill straight. I had so many over charges and there would be times i was working on my online class and the system shut down for maintenance with no prior warning.
I asked my email buddies that had WOW if they liked their service for almost a year. There were very few complaints. I received an ad in the mail a few months ago offering basic cable and high speed internet (cable) for $54/month until February 2005.
The guys that came out were so nice and they ran new cable wire through my house all the way to the tele pole. Customer Service has been available and helpful anytime i needed something. The only problem i've had is on my end, power fluctuations causing brief interruptions in my service.
Hope this helps

·
Premium Member
21,452 Posts
I just received WOW a few weeks ago and really don't have any complaints. My deciding factor was most of my friends and family switched to WOW from Comcast because of their bad experiences, so I figured skip the hassle and go directly to WOW.

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
QUOTE(Tango 7 @ Feb 4 2004, 04:02 PM)QUOTE(WETBAR @ Feb 4 2004, 08:29 AM) Where stuck with Comcast in Harper Woods. We'd have to switch to Direct TV or some other satellite provider. They won't let any other cable provider in our city or the Grosse Points. Also they regulate what is on our pay-per-view channels.
Thats why we went with Direct TV but still pay those Comcast a$$ clowns for internet
Yahoo SBC DSL $24.95 per month
yes, stats show it's slower going down

but it is faster going up

but it doesn't slow down when everyone and their brother goes on the internet. DSL is underrated in my change purse

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
I had DSL years ago, when it was fairly new..

I would not want to switch back. it was alot of headaches and went down all the time

1 - 20 of 24 Posts