Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out of Harley Ensign today and hit the mile roads for some Wind, Waves and Weeds. The whole US shore was buffeted with all three. Didn`t waste much time down on the mile roads where the water temp was 73. Shot up to B bouy where the water was silty blue in color, 71 degrees, and had no floating weeds. The water was alot calmer too. We wind drifted and casted. I was using a super shad and drew one large fish for about 20 seconds before she spit the lure. Easily a 25lber. My bud was throwing a magnum hotntot and was able to catch and release 3 smallies up to 3 lbs. Moved off the Salt river where there too it was weedy as well as cloudy water. Didn`t do anything there so back to B bouy we went where we finished off with 3 more smallies. 2 for me on ballhead jigs and power grubs in creme color. Fished from 7:30am to 1:30 pm. These prevailing winds will weed choke the american shore. Have a great holiday and safe boating to all.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Yeah, there sure has been a lot of windy days lately. I hope the fall will not be too bad. At least you caught a few. Also, can you tell me where B buoy is? Area or gps coordinates. Thanks.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
B bouy is about 2miles south of grassy island which is at the end of the north channel in eastern anchor bay. Look on a map to pinpoint it. Fishing is good 2-3 miles south of B.bouy... It's a hot spot this time of year.

h2o

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just One More, the GPS waypoint for B Bouy is 42 37.13N, 82 43. 66 W. The water was weed free and very trollable although I was casting. Good luck and make sure to post your results.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Thanks for the info Czar. How deep were you fishing? I'm going to go out Monday and give it a try.

Have a great weekend and remember - that 25 pounder is still waiting for you!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We were fishing in 10 fow. With monday being the holiday you should see a few other boats around B Bouy. Most of them will be perch jerki'n. Let us know how u do and if they`re catching the jumbo`s. Good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts