Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is the wrong board, but I need some advice!

I've been looking for something small for the kids to use (and ME while the INSTIGATOR is at the PLASTIC SURGEON's).

I ran across a '94 Regal Rush w/a single 90hp Merc jet. It's in EXCELLENT CONDITION & I know I can get it pretty cheap.

Should I get this one, or would I be sorry I just didn't finance a new twin engine???

Are there any good deals out there?

·
Registered
4,269 Posts
I'm no help. I think they're great for a lake like ours though. Safer than a jetski, goes more places than a conventional boat. But not everywhere! I know a guy that grounded his jet boat at a very high speed. They're not hovercrafts.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
With jet boats you have the legal right to dash infront of people (especially one that say Hammertime IV) and in and out of fishing boats, and flip sailboaters off as you zoom by.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
I'd not thunk of all these wonderful bonus uses!

Actually, I came across a beautiful Baja Blast today. Looks like it may be the one!

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Jun 17 2003, 04:55 PM)With jet boats you have the legal right to dash infront of people (especially one that say Hammertime IV) and in and out of fishing boats, and flip sailboaters off as you zoom by.

Keep it up Garydork

Hey Steve, Jenns dad just sold his Searaider for under $2500. He bought a twin engine seadoo boat. MUCH nicer but less than the yahama twin. How about a 10 foot cat with a 25hp mariner? two seater does 35mph. $1500.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
How about a 10 foot cat with a 25hp mariner? two seater does 35mph. $1500. [/QUOTE]
them are cool hammer, where is that at ?

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It was the cheap used sea rayders that initially got my attention, but I heard nothing but horror stories.

Thanks for the offer on the cat, but the kids couldn't ski or board behind it.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Jun 17 2003, 08:53 PM)It was the cheap used sea rayders that initially got my attention, but I heard nothing but horror stories.

instiagtor, check your oyther thread in misc on this saleena had a reply

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
QUOTE(hammer @ Jun 17 2003, 09:42 PM)QUOTE(garydebs @ Jun 17 2003, 04:55 PM) With jet boats you have the legal right to dash infront of people (especially one that say Hammertime IV) and in and out of fishing boats, and flip sailboaters off as you zoom by.

Keep it up Garydork

Miss ya buddy!

JK

Steve just curious...have you talked to the people at Jetcraft Unlimited on the corner?

Always wondered about the place...

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
YEPPERS! And here is what it says:

"Steve.....the last time you mentioned this, I offered to let you use my Achilles...if we can keep it at your house and I can "borrow" it when I want, we may have a deal....it's like Hammer's....seats six. "

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,507 Posts
QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Jun 17 2003, 09:57 PM)QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Jun 17 2003, 08:53 PM) It was the cheap used sea rayders that initially got my attention, but I heard nothing but horror stories.

Thanks, Eddie

Do you own a cup, anyway?!?!?! he he

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(Saleena362 @ Jun 17 2003, 09:04 PM)QUOTE(Fast~Eddie @ Jun 17 2003, 09:57 PM) QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Jun 17 2003, 08:53 PM) It was the cheap used sea rayders that initially got my attention, but I heard nothing but horror stories.

Thanks, Eddie

Do you own a cup, anyway?!?!?! he he

YES I DO ! have to find it !

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(Saleena362 @ Jun 17 2003, 09:03 PM)I offered to let you use my Achilles...if we can keep it at your house and I can "borrow" it when I want, we may have a deal....it's like Hammer's....seats six. "
Yeah but not as fast!! 29.7 on GPS.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
QUOTE(garydebs @ Jun 17 2003, 10:01 PM)Steve just curious...have you talked to the people at Jetcraft Unlimited on the corner?

Always wondered about the place...
Yep!
He offered to check any out that I was interested in. Offered me some good advice, but got out of the "brokerage" business a few years ago.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
QUOTE(Saleena362 @ Jun 17 2003, 10:03 PM)"Steve.....the last time you mentioned this, I offered to let you use my Achilles...if we can keep it at your house and I can "borrow" it when I want, we may have a deal....it's like Hammer's....seats six. "
I recall our conversation . . . that would be great!
I'm now looking into a davit to haul these wonderful toys out of the water!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts