Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I usually fish for walleye with bottom bouncers ( 1.5-2.0 oz) and put 4 lines out the back of the boat then run 1 line off each side of the boat with a small planer boards with no bottom bouncer just out 30 feet. Sometimes I also use a in-line sinker with a harness and send it out 60-100 feet. What else can I try before I Take up Perch fishing?

·
Registered
35 Posts
i usually don't run lines off the back, i stay out to the side with inline planers. we fish four lines (u.s. side) total. 2 out to the side with planers and two back out of horizontal rod holders with 6 1/2' rods and troll 1.5 or less. i read when you pass over fish they move out only 6-10 feet from under the boat (for what that is worth).
i change colors and keep the weeds off.
good luck!

·
Registered
230 Posts
It's been a crazy year for most species. Don't give up yet. If you want to try something different, I have been reading many reports about people casting and catching them on rattle traps, spinners, etc. Just keep trying different spots, colors, speeds. You never know. Good luck

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
fishhawk,

Try finding a chartreuse blade with black spots and chartreuse beeds or
chartreuse with green blade and red dots. My partners and I have not used any
anything but these two and we've boated a ton of fish. Professional Fishing sells
both.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
I have good luck fishing dirty water a day or so after it rains. Last time out it took half a day to figure out they wanted dark colors. All morning we cought nothing then changed to a dark purple crawler harness and had a dozen different fish in the boat before my buddy could tie one on! After cutting open the bellies I found out why. All the fish were still eating the fishflies! Wasn't one little perch or minnow in any of the 3 walleye. 16", 18", and 20".
Change colors every 15 min untill you find the one that resembles what they are eating.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Hot+Tots with lite line. Tied direct, remove front hook.

h2o<-- 4 and 6 lb.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts