Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trolling with crawler harnesses is new to me. I have trolled twice on LSC and have been using a one ounce bottom bouncer. I set my trolling speed than I put the rig in the water and I can't tell when it hits bottom. Also, sometimes my harness is laying on top of the water behind the boat while trolling. What am I doing wrong.

Thanks,

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ray, I usually run 3/4oz bottom bouncers anywhere from 80 - 100 ft back, trolling at 1.0 - 1.5mph. That is the advice I was given and its worked out fairly well.
BP

·
Registered
280 Posts
another hint is that lakeside has about 1/2 ounce large split shot, they look like bullet weights but split style, you can hook them on to your bouncer, but clamp them on tight. they are sold right by split shots
they have worked for me in the deeper water.

i use them when casting and getting a tiny craw crankbait down deep in anchor bay.

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Forget the bottom bouncers.....use spinnerbaits!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Personally I troll about 1-1.5 mph with a 1 oz bottom bouncer. Then I let the water depth determine how far behind the boat. Also remember that if your in real shallow water, your bottom bouncer is just off the bottom, and your harness could be potentally a few feet off the bottom. If you turn the boat at all your harness will speed up or slow down depending if it's on the inside or outside. At those times you could potentially pull it off the bottom.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts