Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from St. Clair with 3 walleye for the freezer. Whole lotta boats by Metro Beach, whole bunch of guys catchin fish.

I'm not a walleye guy, but I got my 3 keepers casting a firetiger rattletrap. Threw 2 small ones back.

Most everybody was trolling, those I had a chance to talk to were doing well on Rapalas as long as it had some orange on it; a few others were doing well with crawler harnesses.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know...since I did'nt have any with me, or even own any, I did'nt think to ask that...

·
Registered
280 Posts
a friend of mine went out today and brought home 9 between 2 guys, along with some perch, and he apparantly threw back alot of little ones. he was using a brass colored blade with black and green(not chartreus) harnesses and a crawler, kinda wierd colors, but he swears by them and he always gets the fish, the beads are 3 green, then 3 black, then 3 green.
he is not shy about sharing his technique at all, in fact he usually tells all the guys at the launch about it! haha
he drifted for a while then trolled and he said they were about equal in affect
hope this helps you guys out, even though i didnt get out there, i finally have a good walleye dinner for tommorow

1 - 4 of 4 Posts