Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5:00 PM-8:30 PM. 7 WALLEYE BETWEEN 14- 18 INCHES. ALL CAUGHT ON SMALL 3" SHALLOW RUNNING CRANKBAITS IN 4 FEET OF WATER OFF THE POINT OF METRO. LOVE CASTING FOR THOSE TOOTHY CRITTERS. RIGHT MINI!!

·
Registered
666 Posts
And what does Mini know about Walleyes?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Ok this might sound a bit Odd but is walleye really that good eating. I caught 2 monsters last year on accident (like most of my fish). looked at the ugly things and threw them back. You should have seen the guys actually targeting the walleye give me dirty looks. I think i could have fed their whole families with these 2 fish. Now I am thinking i might want to learn how to not catch these fishes. Just like i am learning how not to catch smallies and musky

·
Registered
397 Posts
Steak of Lake, Greg!!!! DELICIOUS!!!! Every bit as good if not better than Haddock or Cod.

I don't feel so home sick when biting into a walleye fillet......Now if I could only find a fresh lobster equivilant

Marke

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hey East Coast. I know what you mean. We need some Lobster and Steamers and a bit of Drawn butter. I am an east coast boy from way back as well!!!! I am thinking of having all that shipped in SAME DAY for a good old clam bake. Maybe i should catch some eyes and add that michigan flavor too it!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Walleye is the best, that and perch. The best eye's are between 2 and 5 lbs, the older bigger fish are ok but the eaters are 2 and 5 lbs, besides I throw the big ones back, over 7 lbs, to be breeders. I'm not saying EVERYBODY should, I'm saying I do. It's good for the fishery. . .B.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
and don't forget about the cheeks! they're like scallops. collect 'em and freeze 'em all year, then cook 'em up on superbowl sunday
yum

·
Registered
163 Posts
Marke and everyone else , you can get fresh lobsters in Michigan !!! Any self respecting fish market has them flown in at least a couple times a week. Same with clams. On the East Side try The Lobster Pot on Harper near Cadieux. It's a great family run market. Or Superior Fish on 12 Mile in Royal Oak.

Craig

·
Registered
371 Posts
Toadhunter.

Yeah I know you can get lobster around here. But there is NOTHING like eating lobster that was pulled out of the atlantic only a couple of hors before.

·
Registered
43 Posts
What about Pike? I haven't heard anybody mention them. I love pike, especially if you get the opportunity to take a trip up to Canada and fish the REALLY cold water ones. The only problem with Pike are the bones, but once you learn the tricks to filleting out the bones they are great. Pike, Walleye and Perch are the best.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Don't forget winter-caught bluegill. SSWWWEEEEEETT!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Top Gun and t-dub you know the best part of the best eatin.....Hey look at Bob weighing in from camp two fires, I haven't seen him before....Welcome

1 - 16 of 16 Posts