Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FIRST OF ALL LET ME START BY THANKING MY GOOD FRIEND JEREMY FOR TAKING ME OUT ON HIS BOAT SO THAT WE CAN GIVE THESE REPORTS!! GOT OUT THIS MORNING ABOUT 7AM-10AM. THE FRONT MUST OF REALLY TURNED THESE FISH ON. 16 WALLEYE BETWEEN 14-20 INCH ON 2 3/4 INCH SHAD COLOR SHAD RAPS#5. ALL WERE CAUGHT WHILE CASTING IN 4 FOOT OF WATER. WE TRIED TO STAY IN THE STAINED WATER. YOU GUYS REALLY NEED TO TRY THIS OUT, NOT ONLY IS IT EFFECTIVE, IT IS FUN. GOOD LUCK AND GOOD FISHING!! AND THANKS AGAIN TO JEREMY A.K.A. WATERFOWLER!!

·
Registered
28 Posts

Have had much luck casting for walleye in the Metro area over the last two weeks. This morning was by far the best day yet.

I took my wife and father-in-law out this morning. We fished from 8:30 to 11:30. Casting near metro, we had our limits in 3 hours. We ended up with nearly 10 lbs of fillets. We did get a little wet on the run back, but it's all good.

Scott

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey fearnofish44, you know your always welcome aboard my boat. We need to get out again this week and catch another batch this time there yours, i have plenty now.

Fearnofish44 and I (Jeremy) ended up keeping 12 fish. We culled two keepers at about 10am with a couple of nice 18 inchers. We scooted out of there with a limit before the storm hit thankfully!!

To all you trollers out there, it might be worth your while to try to troll body baits in the dirty water In front of Metro beach and Ginos this time of year till the weeds really get up off of metro.

I watched one guy amongst the pack of about 75 boats in front of metro beach catch about a 2 pound walleye while casting. He had boats trolling all around him and yet he managed to entice this fish to bite by showing it something different. I believe showing the walleyes something more natural like a body bait will produce more and bigger fish this time of year when the walleye are really keying in on bait in the open water before weedlines are established. Shallow water in and around Metro Beach down to Ginos has good potential for shallow water walleye casting or trolling if you can be quiet. I believe electric trolling motors really help when trolling shallow water areas for eyes, and showing them something different other than crawler harnesses like most guys use this time of year. Don't get me wrong harnesses do work very well in the right conditions but under heavy fishing pressure i think changing up to body baits is the key!

Just my two cents guys, i'm no expert just some insight on to what i've been noticing while out fishing.

See ya on the water

Jeremy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.