Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Hit the SCR in Algonac Monday at dawn with my dad and we got into then pretty good.
We got 10 fish in 3 hours and pa outfished me 6 to 4 but I got the last word in....

I landed a 7.25 lb. Walleye off a crawler harness. I could see him coming up and I thought is was a small Musky at first. Don't see walleye like this too often this time of year.
He was 29 inches long and yeilded some nice fillets.

Strangely, we were the only ones out there for the first two hours. It was calm and quiet and one of those trips with dad I will never forget

* SCR just out from the St. Park in Algonac
* Chartrusse crawler harnesses on 1.5oz bottom bouncers
* Live crawlers
* No backtroll this time, just shut down and drifted

Attachments

·
Registered
97 Posts
hey spur and spurs dad. good morning and quality time with son and dad. don't get any better than that glad you got into them.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Heck yeah. Dinners on Spur!

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Oh ya....here's the man who taught me everything I know about fishing......
My dad

Attachments

·
Banned
2,961 Posts
nice job

·
Registered
654 Posts
SUPER , YOU GUYS BEEN DOIN WELL THERE . PICKED UP A FEW THERE ON FRIDAY . NOT AS WELL AS U THOUGH . SURPRISED I HAVENT BUMPED INTO U YET, TIGHT LINES , KEEP IT UP . DAVE

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thats beautiful!!!! Is there a difference in taste between smaller fish and bigger fish, as far as those walleye? I know with deer younger deer taste better.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Great job Spur's! - awesome report.

Wishin..I prefer the smaller fish, but they are all good. Especially the cheeks out of the walleye.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jun 9 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>great catch !!! can i ask how deep of water??

38 to 41 FOW

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
The Spur boys strike again, WTG and a great report?

Jim

·
Registered
685 Posts
Excellent.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
QUOTE(Spur @ Jun 9 2009, 11:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hit the SCR in Algonac Monday at dawn with my dad and we got into then pretty good.
We got 10 fish in 3 hours and pa outfished me 6 to 4 but I got the last word in....

I landed a 7.25 lb. Walleye off a crawler harness. I could see him coming up and I thought is was a small Musky at first. Don't see walleye like this too often this time of year.
He was 29 inches long and yeilded some nice fillets.

Strangely, we were the only ones out there for the first two hours. It was calm and quiet and one of those trips with dad I will never forget

* SCR just out from the St. Park in Algonac
* Chartrusse crawler harnesses on 1.5oz bottom bouncers
* Live crawlers
* No backtroll this time, just shut down and drifted

Happened to me this year also....fish came outta milky water, at night, first thing I said to my buddy was Musky lol I had to shake my head and take another look before I scooped it up with the net. Gotta love it!!

Nice fish and sweet report!!!

·
Registered
4,514 Posts
i cant wait myself but i was showing how much easier it was to read a post with all the info

1 - 20 of 25 Posts