Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NOT GOOD.
Hit the SCR in Algonac yesterday morning (Sunday7/19) with my dad in great anticipation.
After 4 hours I had one Walleye & he had zip…nada…not even a hit.
We fished the top of the S. Channel, out in front of the DNR ramp in the N.Channel (where I got the only fish. We fished everywhere but they would not cooperate.
Crawlers, bottom bouncers, chartreuse/silver harnesses. 28 - 54 FOW
Not much of a report eh?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Make sme feel better, if Spur can't find them they arn't there. I tired last Sunday, the 12th. on the water at 6:30AM. Started just north of the park, lost 1/2 a crawler on the first drift, nada. Went the the middle channel, nothing. Talked to two older gent's (about 10AM) that were chugging and they had 9!!Made a quick switch to a jigging spoon and started getting Gobies. I called it a day at 11:30 with an empty live well.
Tight Lines.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
QUOTE(Nick @ Jul 20 2009, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Make sme feel better, if Spur can't find them they arn't there. I tired last Sunday, the 12th. on the water at 6:30AM. Started just north of the park, lost 1/2 a crawler on the first drift, nada. Went the the middle channel, nothing. Talked to two older gent's (about 10AM) that were chugging and they had 9!!Made a quick switch to a jigging spoon and started getting Gobies. I called it a day at 11:30 with an empty live well.
Tight Lines.

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but, I think the chugging method is used in the deepest sections of the river. So it may be time to search for them there. You raise the sinker off the bottom about two feet at the most and let it thump back down on the bottom. It can be very effective. I have done it with a stiiff rod with pretty good sucess but not for a few years.

Jim

·
Registered
68 Posts
Ive heard people are catching walleye chuggin right now too. But we got our 2 man limit again last night whippin in algonac. It was slow but steady on chartruese. I couldnt tell ya how deep cause we forgot our depthfinder haha. I took a long time but we stuck it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts