Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend told me he heard a report that people where doing well on the walleye in the Sturgeon Hole.
Any truth to that fellas?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Where exactly is the "Sturgeon Hole"? I know it is supposed to be by Peche Island but cannot locate it on the maps. Every April I start hearing reports about how good the walleye catch is down there and wouldn't mind giving it a shot this year.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hey Cunuck was your freind reffering to this year as in the last week or so???? o and its the North east corner of Peach.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well Well well looks like the old boat will be coming out of the garage a little early this year................................... Thanks Canuck

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
The Sturgeon Hole is just to the east of Peche Is. It is fishing area #1 on the Hot Spots map. It also is marked by bouys. It is a deep channel leading into the river. It goes from 6 feet to 30 feet quickly. It is of course in Canadian waters so make sure to have your Canadian license

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I saw a post on another site that said limits are being caught in this area. Good luck and if I make
it out, I'll be sure to post how we did.

·
Registered
241 Posts
After reviewing the weather report it looks as if I will have another weekend to sit around and prepare for when I can put the boat in. Might as well go to the BPS sale and blow some money.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Today was beautiful day to fish.
I would of been out there if not for sons final basketball game and evaluations for little league baseball and then to the skate park for three hours.
Looks like tomorrow might be ok in the afternoon if the wind will lay down. Try the Trenton Channell maybe.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Never made it out fellas. Anyone else give it a shot? I'm going to hit the St. Clair River this up
coming weekend for salmon. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts