Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
I heard of a couple being taken by metro, in 4-6 fow. Unfortunately, i havent had any luck out there, nor did i see anybody catching fish period. If you want anything but eyes, infront of selfridge was productive for pike and other stuff, and the shallow bays like fisher and goose on the other side, also had some action. Haven't heard any river reports. Anyone been on detroit river lately?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(Beermaster @ May 12 2004, 03:38 PM)I heard of a couple being taken by metro, in 4-6 fow. Unfortunately, i havent had any luck out there, nor did i see anybody catching fish period. If you want anything but eyes, infront of selfridge was productive for pike and other stuff, and the shallow bays like fisher and goose on the other side, also had some action. Haven't heard any river reports. Anyone been on detroit river lately?
thanks Beermaster, I have not been to the detroit river in2-3 weeks, and then I got skunked, we were fishing at Tommy's, alot of boats noone landing, I am goinh to try there this weekend.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
The river is chock full of eyes right now. Try around the tip of Fighting Island in about 20-28 ft on the red bouy side. A couple of good jiggers will catch 20-30 a day. No minnow, just plastic worm on a jig...DRP www.lakestclairfishing.com

·
Registered
111 Posts
I second DRP the eye's are there just the American of the yellow cans tip of fightting island, and in front of the wyndott boat launch over by Mud island white head with a rubber brown worm, used power bait and tore them up, stay vertical and dont be affraid to get agersive with your jigging jerks, let the lead take up the slack before you tap the bottom, they will nail it on the way down........caught 19 had a live well so we sifted through as we caught kept the nice eaters and a few 2-5 pounders, it will not be long and they will be making there way to the lake's get while ya can.........o and the steel plant have been letting you have a few to....... good luck to all,,,, plan on heading out Sat or Sun,,,, Mamas giving me some work to do around the house,,,,,,,( thought i already done all i can do ) ..........again good luck.................

1 - 5 of 5 Posts