Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I went out in the Lake today and caught a limit of chunky walleye.
From the 400 club to the spillway in 10ft of water following the color change.
Used crawler harnesses with gulp worms and Tail Dancers.
Get out there and catch em!

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Good job Madwags. I was near ya, (closer to Gino`s) and couldn`t get a rip.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
I gotta tell you those Gulp worms are the ticket.
They catch fish like crazy and NO DIRT IN THE BOAT!
Heck I put them back in the bag when I was done.
Now get out there and catch some fish.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
Yeah - don't leave any Gulp baits out of the bag when not using them - they dry out like shoe leather.

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
nice eyes

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Madwags what size and color of gulps were you using on the harnesses? I must have about 10 different bags of gulp now but sure would make things easier if I had the right combination going as soon as I hit the water.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
I made it out yesterday too. Fished from 400 club towards Metro in same depth.
Partner and I picked up 7 nice walleye including a 6 lb spawned out female. We
also caught two really nice pike one going close to 15 lbs. Other fish included 3
perch, 2 sheephead a few smallies that went back unharmed and a few rock bass.
The water was really dirty in spots, but we still caught fish in it. All fish taken on
chartreusse harnesses.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was using the regular night crawler type. They must be 6" in light brown color. I have chartruese ones but didn't get bit on those. The crawler harnesses were firetiger colors and chartruese. Also used Gulp minnows in dark brown on some single hook harnesses. They look to be about 3". The key is bright baits in 10' of dirty water from 400 club to metro.
Now lets go catch em.
Any information on Houghton Lake for walleyes would be much appreciated. Email me.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thanks MadWags that should do the trick. Know the area well just suprised you guys were banging them this early. Will definitely give it a shot starting tonight (weather permitting). Appreciate the tips if all goes well I will return again Sunday and try to put the 5 year old on her first walleye.

·
Registered
218 Posts
You may want to keep you Gulp in another bag after you have put it in the water. Have been told that Gulp begins breaking down as soon as it gets wet, and it will then start the process of breaking down the other baits in the package.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
That's right 5-Alive, it even says on the package to not put used baits back in package.

h2o<---good advice that stuff is expensive.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Are you trolling, drifting, casting?

·
Registered
10,622 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I trolled with 2oz bottom bouncers on inline planers and 1.5 oz bottom bouncers straight out the back. Used Tail Dancer cranks tied directly to the line with no weight. Hot Mustard was a good color.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I went out Sunday and caught 7 eyes. Chartrueus Harnesses with 4" Gulp Minnows in Pumpkin Seed Color.
Looked like a parking lot out there. I know the MWT was going on. but I am sure some of you guys were out too. How did everyone do. We had a nice fish fry last night.

G

·
I was out in front of Gino's on Sunday and boated 7 eyes. All but one over 20" with the largest at 26". This was in about 2 hours starting at 11am. A couple of jumbo perch to boot.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
We got 4 nice eaters yesterday. We also caught a few jumbo perch to ad to the mix. Fishing seemed
slow for the most part. I think that east wind shut things down a little.

My partner and two others took a three man limit on Saturday.

Saw quite a few muskie hooked yesterday too. There's a ton of fish in that area right now. You never
know what's on the end of your line. What a great fishery!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts