Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a call from my fishing partner who's out at the Dumping Grounds (ba$tard).
He's got 4 in the box and still a few more hours to go. I'll post back more details once
he gets off the pond.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Depending on how well he does out there today will determine if we head
back out there in the morning or down to Erie. We'll be in a 18' burgundy
Smokercraft.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'll be in 21' Rinker, white and teal. I sure hope to get over there. I may blast over tonight if the water is calm. If I don't go there tonight, I may try by the channel, in the area of the firecracker. Good luck when you go guys

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, he ended up with 4 today. I think we're going to try somewhere else tomorrow
not sure where yet, but will post.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Canuck, I would appreciate hearing how you do. I have been Muskie fishing the last three days and again tomorrow but promised my son we would walleye fish on Sunday. After seeing the big ones my Buddy caught on Tuesday he's all primed to go. Did okay on Muskie 2 on Wed plus a big one lost to a rookie mistake - tightened drag, horsing fish in and line broke. BAM $25 dollar lure, $6 in swivels and sinker gone in a snap. Caught 3 yesterday and 3 today. Fished the dumps on Wed and Belle River area Thurs and Fri.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Dew,

Went out today and got 5 nice eyes. The same jacka$$ that I ran into last weekend that picked up my marker tried the same thing today with another fisherman who was fishing by himselself. This guy fishes out there every day and this old drunk, in a 26' Sea Ray, who thinks he owns the lake, picks up markers and takes the weight off and sets your marker back in the water. I had a conversation with this dick and told him, if i have one more run in with him, I'm going to report his MC numbers to the Coast Guard. The a$$hole stopped his BS after that. There's a seaweed bed out there that this prick thinks he owns. Go work that bed and you'll catch fish with chartreusse harnesses. If anyone has a problem let me know, because I have a few police buddies that will take the proper action with this clown.
I almost swam to this cats boat because my partner wouldn't bring me up to this a$$holes boat. There's a ton of water out there and it's a$$holes like this that make our sport unenjoyable. Sorry for the poor report John, but this guys not done with me until I see different!!!

If you guys see an old man or two fishing in the Dumping Grounds in an old 26' Sea Ray and he's giving you a problem, call the Coast Guard because he's an a$$.

p.s. he'll be drinking beer by 9 a.m.

p.p.s. the fish are there you just need to work those weed beds.

Rick Menary!

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was so worked up after that last post that I forgot to say say that I had my second walleye of the day right up beside the boat when a 50' plus musky grabbed my walleye and snaggeged it boat side. I fought this fish for 10 minutes because it wasn't hooked, and then it finally got spooked by the time time I got it boat side and let MY fish go. What a great experience on the pond. You musky guys need to be down by the DUMPS!!!!

Let it go let it grow!!!!

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
Hey Canuck,
East Coast, myself and a friend were bass fishing on the 9th, and we went to Dumps to try and catch a few smallies.

We idled in real slow, taking extreme care to stay away from all the trollers.

We went to the east side of the dumps, and began casting, never within 200 feet of another boat.

This guy in the searay starting yelling at us, calling us "a$$hole bass fishermen", and drinking beer at 10 am.

I think it's the same guy.....grey hair, no shirt, big belly and bigger mouth.

I think his boat had a burgundy stripe maybe?!?

Sound like him???

·
Registered
226 Posts
I was in the dumps yesterday -- and also lost a fish to a muskie. We were fishing for walleye (of which we got none). I was bringing a 9-10" perch up to the side of the boat when a mid-size muskie (probably aroudn 30") decided he wanted it more than I did. He t-boned the perch, cleaning it off the hook like a surgeon.

Where are all the walleye? How far east of the channel?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Canuck,

Thanks for the update. My son (9 YO) decided he wanted to stay closer to home and fish out of his grandpa's boat so we didn't make it to the dumps. Putzed around the Sni all morning with only a smallmouth and a small pike to show for it. He was able to cast and change lures every 5 minutes so he was happy. Hope to get out later this week. We lost a 50"+ Musky in the dumps on Thursday. Did the one you saw have a mackeral perch Terminator hanging out of his mouth?

·
Registered
241 Posts
We went down to the dumps on Friday night as well and fished from 6 till 9pm. Ended up with a few nice perch but no walleye. Seen a few nice ones netted by some of the trollers but we were having no luck with the harnesses and jigs. Will have to try again later this week. Did see an orange marker out there with two guys trolling around it most of the evening.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Hey Canuk its fishhawk, Great postings, keep them comming. I was out in the dumps sat & sun. 1 eye and one 32 in muskie that broke water & I lost it. (thank God)
But on sat I was trolling just south east of the cement marker with that large pack of boats and 2 older gents came within 50 feet of me. I had an long lie out so needles to say Im screwed. They didnt even flinch. One guy was pretty large the other was thinner with grey hair, they are out there often. Keep your heads up, Good Luck
P.S. I rely on your postings.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah that's the clown! I believe the name of his boat is Allure. He has no
respect for anybody out there. He told me I was fishing HIS weed bed and
that he was going to run across my lines if I didn't move. Well of coarse I
didn't move and he tried a few times to run our lines. Anyway, just try to
avoid him I'll definitely call the Coast Guard if I have another run in with him.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.