Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The walleye are definately running in the marysville area... since i caught my first ive been out two more times, and caught a total of 7 walleye =) real happy and FULL
I have pictures on my phone but dont know how to get them onto the computer without a USB cable. Anybody know how?
Tai

·
Registered
2,466 Posts
QUOTE(tai @ Jun 9 2009, 08:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The walleye are definately running in the marysville area... since i caught my first ive been out two more times, and caught a total of 7 walleye =) real happy and FULL
I have pictures on my phone but dont know how to get them onto the computer without a USB cable. Anybody know how?
Tai
send them to your email address

·
Registered
377 Posts
QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jun 9 2009, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>did you get them at the golf corse at night ??? i used to go there at night casting big twistertails

Hey i tried up in marine city once at night casting off the shore, what was your setup. Other than the twister tails

·
Banned
2,961 Posts
did you catch them from shore? couple years ago there were guys that would access the wall somehow and walk in waders down in front of the houses (staying in the water) in and out of the dock and they would cast a minnow with a spilt shot out around the docks and the dropoff at night and did pretty darn good, have not been there last couple years so i am not sure if they are still doing that or not.

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
QUOTE(bassproat19 @ Jun 9 2009, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(DR.hook @ Jun 9 2009, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>did you get them at the golf corse at night ??? i used to go there at night casting big twistertails

Hey i tried up in marine city once at night casting off the shore, what was your setup. Other than the twister tails

3/8 oz jig head and a 5"in tail thats all you cast on a 45 degree angle up river jig it back down my hot color was pearl white havent been in 5 or 6 years

·
Registered
71 Posts
We are going to marysville tomorrow. Ive never fished there before. What would be the idea lure to use for Walleye on the river? recent hot color?

·
Banned
2,961 Posts
QUOTE(Wishin2bFishin @ Jun 9 2009, 10:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>We are going to marysville tomorrow. Ive never fished there before. What would be the idea lure to use for Walleye on the river? recent hot color?
main colors have been clown, firetiger, and that bleeding hot olive, other colors mixed in but these have been repeating pretty constant for the handliners and whippers up there.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sorry i didnt respond everyone. I have been lucky enough to be fishing in a boat when i fish for walleye, and were using a technique called Whipping i think. were North of the junction boey in 17/18 feet of water.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I got the picture on my computer.. thanks C. Smitty

Attachments

·
Banned
2,961 Posts
whipping is fun, been alittle slow in that area, have to work for them, but should pick up. we were out in st clair and the hot color whipping friday night for us was firetiger.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(TimEye @ Jun 10 2009, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>whipping is fun, been alittle slow in that area, have to work for them, but should pick up. we were out in st clair and the hot color whipping friday night for us was firetiger.

firetiger has been our hot color too. it really hasnt been slow for us... those fish were all caught in less than 2 hours. 10-12

·
Banned
2,961 Posts
QUOTE(tai @ Jun 10 2009, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(TimEye @ Jun 10 2009, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>whipping is fun, been alittle slow in that area, have to work for them, but should pick up. we were out in st clair and the hot color whipping friday night for us was firetiger.

firetiger has been our hot color too. it really hasnt been slow for us... those fish were all caught in less than 2 hours. 10-12

let me guess, mainly between 10 and 11 pm right
seems like most of the reports that i have been getting, that has been the hot time with people limiting in under an hour some nights, and most other nights many boats come back in with 3 or 4 total for 2 people.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(TimEye @ Jun 10 2009, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(tai @ Jun 10 2009, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(TimEye @ Jun 10 2009, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>whipping is fun, been alittle slow in that area, have to work for them, but should pick up. we were out in st clair and the hot color whipping friday night for us was firetiger.

seems like most of the reports that i have been getting, that has been the hot time with people limiting in under an hour some nights, and most other nights many boats come back in with 3 or 4 total for 2 people.

yes
unfourtunately i can only give the location, FoW, and hot lure. Only thing i havent done yet is invite everyone to fish right with us

·
Banned
2,961 Posts
QUOTE(tai @ Jun 10 2009, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(TimEye @ Jun 10 2009, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(tai @ Jun 10 2009, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>QUOTE(TimEye @ Jun 10 2009, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>whipping is fun, been alittle slow in that area, have to work for them, but should pick up. we were out in st clair and the hot color whipping friday night for us was firetiger.

yes
unfourtunately i can only give the location, FoW, and hot lure. Only thing i havent done yet is invite everyone to fish right with us

i agree, never give more than the general city area at most, or you get people trying to anchor next to you or at 50 feet right below you and wonder why your yelling at them

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well we went out to marysville yesterday morning and then all night long. We were right there next to the park by the boat launch. We had 2 poles sitting with harnesses and 2 cast with twisters. Only thing we caught there was a 19" sheep head. OH WELL. No one was catching anything from shore, but about 250yrds up river there was like 7 boats lined up about 50 yrds away from shore they were there from about 9pm till midnight or so. they were catching some from what I was hearing.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts