Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
Went out last night about 7 pm. Went out by the St. Clair light with buddy Jerry and his wife. My wife bailed after I told her the may fly hatch was happening. We caught 3 Walleyes trolling harnesses with bottom bouncers. One on orange & chartruse spoon, one on gold w/red beads, one on a fire tiger. Fish were two about 17" and one 19". Caught one perch 10", one Sheephead that fought like heck that was 23". 15 -18 fow. Came in by dark. Did some Muskie casting for about 10 minutes straight out from the mouth of the Clinton, but between trying to keep the fish flies off us and reel, made for difficult time and no Muskie.

My net had about five gallons of fish flies in it by the time we got back to the ramp. Looked like it was snowing last night there were so many. Filled the vacuum with them when I got home. My buddy Jerrys wife said no more evening fishing, and my wife was glad she stayed home. Was a good evening out for us though. Deep fried the fish last night. Going to try for more today. Watch the storms later.

PS- talked to a guy that came in when we did, they fished the South channel and at the firecracker. They had limits.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
QUOTE(propwash @ Jun 25 2009, 10:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Went out last night about 7 pm. Went out by the St. Clair light with buddy Jerry and his wife. My wife bailed after I told her the may fly hatch was happening. We caught 3 Walleyes trolling harnesses with bottom bouncers. One on orange & chartruse spoon, one on gold w/red beads, one on a fire tiger. Fish were two about 17" and one 19". Caught one perch 10", one Sheephead that fought like heck that was 23". 15 -18 fow. Came in by dark. Did some Muskie casting for about 10 minutes straight out from the mouth of the Clinton, but between trying to keep the fish flies off us and reel, made for difficult time and no Muskie.

My net had about five gallons of fish flies in it by the time we got back to the ramp. Looked like it was snowing last night there were so many. Filled the vacuum with them when I got home. My buddy Jerrys wife said no more evening fishing, and my wife was glad she stayed home. Was a good evening out for us though. Deep fried the fish last night. Going to try for more today. Watch the storms later.

PS- talked to a guy that came in when we did, they fished the South channel and at the firecracker. They had limits.

Nice job you guys (and gals
). Looks like they are starting to move in now, and slowly get more active. Now that we are all settled in here at the house, and 95% of the major work is all done, I am going to try to get out again soon. Let me know when those walleye heat up more, and maybe this year we can grab a double limit together. I am getting my musky gear some time this coming week.
Then I'll be ready to tear up either species. Orange and chartreuse the hot color for you eh? I guess I'll grab a few harnesses as well then. It can never hurt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts