Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Caught 7 eyes this morning in the dumping grounds drifting with harnesses. 3 of them were 5lbs or better. The biggest was 5.6. Fished 8 - 2. Buddy caught 6
I got 1 - the smallest
. Large blades seemed to be the ticket. Bead color didn't matter. Blades were primarily perch colored with brass colored back.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
Nice work dewman! We were out Saturday and took 18. They were all in the
2lb range (good eaters). Maybe we need to step up to a bigger blade.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
It's actually about 7 miles north of the river. It's across from the Grosse
Point Yacht Club in the middle of the lake.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Ive only been out at the dumps once, about a week ago when everyone was getting skunked. Out of curiosity, where exactly is the canadian border? Are the dumping grounds right on the edge of canada? I was a nughty boy when i was younger and no longer allowed there without paying some hefty fines, nor do i have a canadian fishing license.

Thanks in advance for any replies .

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Hi ya Prince and thanks for the cool site. It`s in my favorites.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Canuck, which area of the dumps are the best? the north side along the shipping channel or the south side? also, can anyone recommend which launch has a quicker ride to the dumping grounds...from st. jean on the det. river or from crocker...or from alter rd. ?
Thanks.
BP

·
Registered
203 Posts
Great site prince, also in my favorites. Thanks. I have an old garmin and Bluecharts 4.0 software, i was posting this from work, so therefore had no access to descent charts.

But the site rox. Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The fish we caught came from the north end. I have caught fish all over just happend to start at the north and didn't leave.

·
Registered
4,278 Posts
We worked the southern side. There's a few big weed patches out there,
if you can find them, work either side of them that's where they were
stacked last weekend. I'll be out there early Saturday in a 18' Smokercraft,
if you see me stop by and say hello!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts