Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We want to add a swim platform to our '65 41' Hatteras. We are just too old to climb up anymore!!!! Does anyone have any input to offer? I have found some info online, but there has to be more info out there. Thank you!!

·
Registered
3,235 Posts
I'm sure some folks will chime in here on their experiences. When I was looking to add a swim platform quite a few years back, I took a photo of my transom to the fall boat show at Metro. There were quite a few companies there selling platforms. I talked to all of them, listened to their suggestions, looked at their photos of platforms they installed, & got some prices. I learned quite a bit, then made my decision. Didn't get one, got a new boat instead!

·
Registered
7 Posts
QUOTE(Jazzy405 @ Aug 18 2009, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I'm sure some folks will chime in here on their experiences. When I was looking to add a swim platform quite a few years back, I took a photo of my transom to the fall boat show at Metro. There were quite a few companies there selling platforms. I talked to all of them, listened to their suggestions, looked at their photos of platforms they installed, & got some prices. I learned quite a bit, then made my decision. Didn't get one, got a new boat instead!

Thank you for that info! Really appreciate it.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
My Dad added one to his '69 Chris Craft, 38' Commander. He has a curved transom similar to yours (except with a crease in the middle). I believe he found a place online, perhaps through the commander club, and they sent him one that looks wonderful and fits great. If you ever see "Rapparee" around stop and ask him. If I think about it i'll ask him, but I'm terribly forgetful about things like that.

·
Registered
7 Posts
QUOTE(sleeper @ Aug 18 2009, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>My Dad added one to his '69 Chris Craft, 38' Commander. He has a curved transom similar to yours (except with a crease in the middle). I believe he found a place online, perhaps through the commander club, and they sent him one that looks wonderful and fits great. If you ever see "Rapparee" around stop and ask him. If I think about it i'll ask him, but I'm terribly forgetful about things like that.

Thank you, I have seen that boat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts