Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you want to have a front row seat?? Give me a shout if you are interested in being a patrol boat for the St Clair Offshore Boat race this weekend. You will have to attend a meeting at the St Clair City Hall Thursday nite, then be on the course by 10:30 Sunday. I may be able to get you a slip in St Clair for Saturday nite if necessary.

Give me a shout for more info at [email protected], or call my cell - 810-278-0754

A good time will be had by all!!!

Guss

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Anyone else helping out?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Makowish - Yes, Instigator from LSCN will be there. Hoping to have at least 40 patrol boats.
Miaphoto - ??? I will find out tonite, we have a boat club meeting, will let you know in the morning.

Guss

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Good to hear! It sounds like fun

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
Need to know asap, because I can shoot a Lions practice sat and sun>

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
I will be out there but not as a patrol boat but I will be in a rescue boat! I will be taking our rescue boat there from New Baltimore! Hope to see some of you out there!

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Should be a great day!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey afireman,

I'll try to look you up Sunday morning!! Will you be at the firehall breakfast / meeting in the morning??

Guss

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
QUOTE(Outlaw Guss @ Jul 28 2004, 02:28 PM)Hey afireman,

I'll try to look you up Sunday morning!! Will you be at the firehall breakfast / meeting in the morning??

Guss
Cool, my crew will also be there at the meeting in the morning!

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Just got back from the Race Patrol meeting in St. Clair. GUSS got me all setup, including overnight parking on the North Wall by Pepper Jacks.

My son & I are heading up there Saturday morning & plan to stay till Sunday afternoon. The whole city looks like a "race village". All the big fancy Semi's w/the boats behind. Most are underneath huge lighted tents. It's really kewl!! The whole town is partying all weekend w/the racers. There are Helicopters and huge Yachts for the race owners.

It would be great if everyone came up & hung out w/us Saturday night!

My only dilemma is getting Julie up there after work Saturday afternoon?

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
(Subject to change.)

FRIDAY, JULY 30, 2004
11:00 AM - 6:00 PM OSS Registration The Voyageur - For racers and crew
12:00 PM - 6:00 PM Inspections in the Dry Pits. Must check in at registration before inspection
5:30 PM - 7:00 PM OSS Owners Meeting - St. Clair Inn
7:00 PM Racers Get-Together - "On the Town"

SATURDAY, JULY 31, 2004
7:30 AM - 8:30 AM Physicals - Location TBA
9:00 AM - 10:00 PM Drivers Meeting - St. Clair Inn
10:00 AM - 4:00 PM Race Control Open - Check in and out on Channel 78A - 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM Crane open - Pine River Bridge
11:00 AM - 2:30 PM Testing - St. Clair River
7:30 PM "Meet the Racers Party" at the Voyageur

SUNDAY, AUGUST 1, 2004
7:30 AM - 8:30 AM Physicals - Location TBA
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM Crane open - Pine River and Rivers Bend Marina
9:00 AM - 10:00 AM Drivers Meeting - St. Clair Inn
10:30 AM Pilots Meeting - Location TBA
12:00 NOON FIRST RACE Great Lakes Silver Cup Boats (subject to adjustment)
1:15 PM SECOND RACE OSS Race #1 (subject to adjustment)
2:30 PM THIRD RACE OSS Race #2 (subject to adjustment)
5:30 PM Awards Ceremony The Voyageur

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
Did you see me there? I was in the yellow shirt!
You're right about the town. We went to the St. Clair Inn after the meeting and I was very excited
driving by the boats. Nothing beats a good offshore race and having front seats!

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(makowish @ Jul 30 2004, 10:17 AM)Did you see me there? I was in the yellow shirt!
You're right about the town. We went to the St. Clair Inn after the meeting and I was very excited
driving by the boats. Nothing beats a good offshore race and having front seats!

Front row, Rod Stewart?

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
QUOTE(INSTIGATOR @ Jul 30 2004, 09:51 AM)QUOTE(makowish @ Jul 30 2004, 10:17 AM) Did you see me there? I was in the yellow shirt!

Front row, Rod Stewart?
Next to the lady in the pink shirt and short skirt about the 3or4th row back. Closest to the guys sitting against the wall when you walked in.

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
Sorry, got there a little late & was talking to Guss in the back. I'll be on the North Wall first thing tomorrow morning, though!

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
what's your patrol #? I'm 13 right at turn 1 should be a great pic place!

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
I might end up there either Sat night or all day Sunday....I'm sure well be drinking at Pepper Joe's if anywhere.

·
Premium Member
16,460 Posts
call me up if you're going to be up there Re, I'll stop over after the race is done. 586-292-1770

1 - 20 of 35 Posts