Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been asked by the ABA to host a Tournaments series for the Lower & Central Michigan areas.

The lakes being mentioned in this series are:

St. Clair
Lobdell
Holloway
Nepessing
Fenton
Pontiac
Cass
Wixom

Please let me know if you can recommend or advise me on some possible lakes to include or avoid. Also on best possible dates for each lake.

The series will be six 1-day tournaments and a 2-day regional classic.

We are looking for both Boaters and Non-Boaters.

Membership dues = $20.00 once a year
Tourney Costs = $55.00 each tourney

It is a 5 fish weigh-in.

The top boats in our region will qualify for the annual fish-off.

1st - 3rd place winners at the Fish-off will be awarded brand new Triton TR21's.

If you're interested in joining please e-mail me A.S.A.P.

Thanks!

ABA Director - Anthony

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Wow,...sweet prize for an inland lake circuit like that!....I bet you'll do well!!! Good Luck!! Maybe I'll fish a couple of those too.....can't do the whole circuit,..but I like St.Clair, Pontiac, Fenton, and Cass!! Maybe I'll see you there!
Mac

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Mac .....

We would love to have you join us.

One thing I really like about the series is:

You can fish any ABA tourney anywhere and quailify, You do not have to stick to one division to do it.

So if your on vacation in Florida, Michigan UP. Ohio, ETC and their is an ABA tourney you can jump right in and it counts on your year end points.

It's very similar to how Redman was run.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anthony,

Another lake you might want to add would be Kent lake. This sounds like a great circuit and I would be able to fish some of them. I am already doing 2 bfl circuts and a bunch of opens, but if you can come up with some dates I would be happy to pencil them in on my calendar. Let us know more details when they unfold. Three Triton boats is a great way to attract fishermen....

Mike

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Id love to win a new boat, you see my Tracker almost sank last August "early last August" and I have not been able to use it since then. Hell Id love to just fish out in the lake instead of shore fishing. Its May and I still dont have my boat back. Nobody knows when Ill get it either.

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is what I am thinking about for Dates and Lakes. I plan to get the necessary permits this week and make it official if everything goes as planned. Let me know if anyone notices any conflicts or problems that might result from this schedule.

06/08 Kent Lake
06/22 St. Clair
07/13 Holloway
07/27 Lake Nepessing
08/10 Lakeville Lake
08/24 Lake Fenton
09/06 Hamlin
09/07 Hamlin

The Lakeville Lake tourney will follow a Charity fun fish. This is where volunteers will be asked to take underprivileged kids from the inner city of Detroit fishing for a couple of hours. I am currently working out the details and I am planning to do the fun fish on 08/09. I am hoping to get a donated Rod/Reel and tackle box for each child. Our goal is to promote the enjoyment of fishing to children whom normally would not have acess to such. If your interested in volunteering let me know!

Our schedule is meant to keep most of our tourneys close to home. I am planning them all for Sundays at this point.

Hamlin Lake is our 2-day travel classic. It is the only Lake we will have to travel for.

This schedule is not official as of yet. Let me know what you think.

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
UPDATE ON THE TRITON BOAT GIVE AWAY.

The plan is we will be giving away 3 Brand new Triton TR21PD fully loaded with a Mercury Marine 225hp, Motor Guide trolling motor, Lowrance electronics, TH Marine HotFoot and HighJacker jack plate. The ABA national champion receives a special trophy and 10k American Bass Anglers Angler of the Year ring.

1 Triton will go to the National Champion.
1 Triton will go to the Angler of the Year.
1 Triton will go to a lucky member - This boat will be drawn from all members who fish 4 one day tourneys and a 2-day classic.

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
CBJ - For guys in your possition... Our club really fits your needs. We allow you to Join us as a Non-boater and once your boat is prepared you can come as a Boater. Your Non-Boater and Boater entries combine to help you Qualify for our National championship....

In 2001 the Nation champion was a Non-Boater and he won a Brand New TR21 fully loaded!

·
Registered
467 Posts
hey Madman...are you looking for a partner or are you all set? I need to check my other tourney schedules, but I wouldn't mind a chance at a 21 ft Triton...

·
Registered
927 Posts
jeff,

tony and i are going to pair up for this one, if you need a partner tho, my regular partner would be interested. his name is mike, you have probably seen him out on kent in a 18ft lowe. i fished last year with him in the nbaa. he is a good guy and a great angler. if you are interested let me know.

madman himself

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys if your interested just Call me at 586-826-8663 or e-mail me and I will get you all the information you need.

Just to clear things up. This is a 5 fish individual weigh-in and we have both boaters and Non-boaters. No Partner required...

However Jeff you can sign-up as a non-boater and if at a later date you purchase a boat you can switch over to the boater class.

Our 2001 National Champion was a Non-Boater and he walked away with a Fully Loaded TR21-Triton bass boat!

So owning a boat is not a necessity....

Contact me if you're interested .......

ABA Director - Anthony

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
For our top prizes were giving away 3 - Triton TR21PD fully loaded with a Mercury Marine, Motor Guide trolling motor, Lowrance electronics, TH Marine HotFoot and HighJacker jack plate!

Our Series is a Singles, 5 fish, Boater and non-Boater tourney.

Membership dues = $20.00
Tourney Costs = $55.00

Here is our schedule

8-Jun Lake Nepessing
22-Jun Lake St. Clair
13-Jul Lake Ponemah
27-Jul Kent Lake
10-Aug Lake Lakeville
24-Aug Fenton Lake
6-Sep Hamlin Lake
7-Sep Hamlin Lake

1 - Triton Boat goes to our angler of the year.
1- Triton Boat goes to our National Champion.
1 - Triton Boat will go to a lucky member by draw.

Both Boaters and Non-Boaters have an equal chance of winning our prizes which include 3 Triton Boats and $200,000 in prizes.

Our Draw prizes alone are over $65,000

Our 2001 National Champion was a Non-Boater and he won a Fully loaded TR21 - Triton.

If your interested in joining our series contact me at 586-826-8663 for more info.

ABA - Director

Anthony

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
The spam you sent via his site was NOT ALLOWED....I emailed you and I expect a call from you soon.

If this continues you will be banned fom this site.

Mini

·
Formerly "FRL"
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
John as I have stated in other posts I did not intend to Spam or to offend you or anyone for that matter. I have apologized and would like to put this behind us. Spam is mass e-mailing. I do not own any mass e-mail software. I only typed a single e-mail and sent it to approximately 15 people whom I thought would be interested. I greatly regret ever e-mailing anyone on this board and will not do so again in the future.

However I feel the need to set the record straight do to this quote:

believe me it does not reflect positively on this person or the organization they represent.

I have not ever nor will I ever own any Spam software. I sent one e-mail out and copied it to approximately 15 members of this board whom I thought would be interested. I also sent that same e-mail out to everyone whom I have in my address book.

Of the 15 e-mails I sent out I received back 9 positive responses back. I did not receive one negative response back. If I had thought sending out information would be an offence to any of you I would not have done so. If I had known that this was not allowed I would not have sent an e-mail.

In the past I have received numerous invites to join clubs, opens, series etc. from this site. Never have I ever been offended by someone doing so. I have always regarded this information as valuable for planning the tournament season. Therefore I was unaware that me sending out information about a series would be offensive to anyone.

As I told John I apologize to anyone whom I may have offended and will not do this again in the future.

Also I have several people in my address book whom have gotten there because they have sent me info in the past. I ask that if me sending you info offends you then please let me know. I will make sure you're not in my address book.

Back to the Quote above:

If the sending of information shows a negative appearance on my organization and me I am deeply in regret. I would have never thought this to be of such grave offence to any one or any organization.

Again I apologize for sending out 15 e-mails about a local bass event. I will never again use this site to send another e-mail. I am deeply sorry that such information comes as an offence to some and I apologize to those individuals. I would hope that sending out information would not look negatively on my organization or me. If not for advertisements such as fliers, e-mails and posts how else would us tournament fishermen know about events? If I had known that this was banned on this site I would have never done so.

Regretfully,

Anthony

1 - 16 of 16 Posts