Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
I have an idea for home decoration.

I am looking for plans from like a old Chris Craft or something.

I don't need possesion...maybe something I can onion skin(for us old board guys)

Checked out the library etc...nothing for what I'm after.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
Hmmmm.....Does Baby Doll now about this?? If so she really is a doll....

For those of you who don't know every time I go over Gary and Deb's and sit on his couch I have a turkey staring at me
and then another one on the wall....

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Don't forget about the deer mount either...

Not sure how to take your comment so instead of firing from the hip <_< I'll let you explain yourself.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Aug 3 2003, 08:23 AM)Don't forget about the deer mount either...

Not sure how to take your comment so instead of firing from the hip <_< I'll let you explain yourself.
Well....it is just that maybe I am wrong but I grew up in a household were if my Dad brought any of his kills home and put them any where but in the basement my Mom would have a roaring fit.
Memories....

Most women want flowers, and fluffy stuff around the house and I am one of them, but we are all different and
I know not all of us share the same taste and view as me, and Jeff and I almost never agree on what to put in the house. Somehow all of his stuff seems to migrate to the computer room..... <_<

By the way the turkey staring at me is not a bad thing....The first time I noticed it it scared the hell out of me because I wasn't expecting it and Baby Doll explained there was another one on the wall too. No big deal, I find your house cozy as I have said so when I am over there.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
k

She is proud of them...she knows what hard work it took. She enjoys what I do and takes pride also. It took the taxidermist a lot of time (& $) to complete them (difficult mounts).

If you really look at them they are a beautiful bird, a lot of iridescent colors.

The one on the floor will eventually go down stairs when the basement is finished.

We are simple people...we do not get caught up in the materialistic things in our lives, We make what we have work. EVERYTHING we have we have purchased on our own(13 years ago). We bought our first home when we were 21, & 20. (Smartest move!) Been through goodtimes and bad, learned from both!
Raising two Beautiful kids. Realized after that nothing else matters! THEY COME FIRST! etc etc etc

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
QUOTE(garydebs @ Aug 3 2003, 08:45 AM)We are simple people...we do not get caught up in the materialistic things in our lives, We make what we have work. EVERYTHING we have we have purchased on our own(13 years ago). We bought our first home when we were 21, & 20. (Smartest move!) Been through goodtimes and bad, learned from both!
Raising two Beautiful kids. Realized after that nothing else matters! THEY COME FIRST! etc etc etc
K...I can say I am guilty of being materialstic
I can't stop.....and everything you explained about yourselves in this last paragraph is why we appreciate you guys so much, and why we have mentioned what great parents you are and what great kids you have to others.

You also just know how to have fun without any worries.

·
Registered
765 Posts
We believe that a home should tell a story about the people who live in it.
I am not ashamed of any hobbies that Gary has, as a matter of fact Beck has been out with him scouting for Turkey.

Sure we could go to Home Depot and buy a pre made kit for the fireplace but that wouldn't be us. I could tell you a story about everything that we have in this house. It has meaning to us.

We don't want to put up just any picture or paint any color on the wall. It needs to feel right before we will do it.

Everyone is different and that's what makes getting together with people interesting. Gives you something to talk about.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
I envy and admire that...I wish Jeff would have more of an interest in what we do with the house.

Gary I will ask my Dad if he has any drawings...Speed Boat, Sail Boat? I will let you know.

·
Registered
34,129 Posts
QUOTE(Baby Doll @ Aug 3 2003, 10:22 AM)We believe that a home should tell a story about the people who live in it.
I am not ashamed of any hobbies that Gary has, as a matter of fact Beck has been out with him scouting for Turkey.
I envy that. I wish I had a say.
Boss likes to keep my hobbies hidden and in boxes.

·
Premium Member
9,536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(Snowmaker @ Aug 3 2003, 10:47 AM)QUOTE(Baby Doll @ Aug 3 2003, 10:22 AM) We believe that a home should tell a story about the people who live in it.
I envy that. I wish I had a say.
Boss likes to keep my hobbies hidden and in boxes.

She didn't find your other hobby hidden in between the mattresses????

No body else?

·
Registered
11,681 Posts
i'll keep my eyes open for you. sometimes mike (from jack's) finds them in wierd places. like his attic.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Can't help you with drawing but you could try

Dossin Great Lakes museum on bell isle, I have bought drawings of freighters from them in the past. (they are everything greatlakes)

Cleary(sp) in St Clair he has an art studio in the mall by the waterfront good paintings and he had books at one time to buy

Or go to an Antique Boat club meet michigan chapter web site, antique boat page

Possibly the mayea boat works in Fairhaven mayea

Tony

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.