Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has a broken Fishfind/GPS/Plotter they want to get rid of.

Garmin has a rebate on new GPS's if you trade in an old one. They don't care if the item works or not.

Thanks

·
Registered
790 Posts
MooseKnuckle - I have a handheld Garmin etrex GPS receiver that you are welcome to have. (I don't know if handhelds are valid for the rebate). It was run over by a truck and it is totaly useless. PM me if you would like to get it.

Jay

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
James, I took wife to Boat US last Sunday and showed her the larger GPS's in color, she liked the 10" better than the 6" and better than the 4"
Screen size.

I'm thinking it is worth the extra money for a larger color GPS. I looked at the 172 but noticed the 182 has a larger screen size.

Last weekend I came back thru the middle channel from Metro looking at my small handheld gps and ended up going outside the channel for a short distance. No markers were up yet. Larger GPS would of been nice.

Cheep Price found so far on Internet including EBAY:

182C $876 Rebate $100
2006C $1284 Rebate $150
2010C $1700 Rebate $150

Standard Horizon has a large 10" also for $1604 plus $100 Rebate.

ScubaJay...handhelds do not qualify...thanks for the offer.

·
12,052 Posts
Moose, get the 10". I love mine. Now I want the 14"

See if they make one with a log warning.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Moose, if I had your $$ I would spring for the 2010C. It looks like a wicked unit.

Since it's worth 1/2 as much as my boat I think I'd have to pass!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hammer...You need to send an email to my wife and say you will like 10" better

Well, if I buy the 10" then it is coming with me to the new boat when ever I buy one.

James...two trips to Put In Bay or 10" Garmin...tough choice

·
12,052 Posts
QUOTE(MooseKnuckle @ Apr 15 2004, 02:39 PM)Hammer...You need to send an email to my wife and say you will like 10" better

1 - 12 of 12 Posts