Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
did you not get your central air fixed yet ?

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
C/A doesn't reach upstairs; venting in house not proper.... need additional coolness regardless.

but to answer your question, not yet.
Went to Home Depot without bringing along sample fuse **I'm a dumba$$** so will do that tonight.

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Jun 30 2003, 03:09 PM)**I'm a dumba$$**

·
Registered
4,286 Posts
and the summer heat is just getting here!

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update! I have air in my downstairs!

Cost me $100 to learn that the guy who installed it, disconnected the wires to the AC when he was here fixing the furnace in the winter...

But ahhhhh..... reveling in the cool air!

·
Registered
18,824 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Jul 3 2003, 02:27 PM)Update! I have air in my downstairs!

Cost me $100 to learn that the guy who installed it, disconnected the wires to the AC when he was here fixing the furnace in the winter...

But ahhhhh..... reveling in the cool air!
didn't i say to look at the panel on your furnace to see if all wires were hooked up ?
goof ball, glad you got it workin'

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
I'll start with a post in this thread. After living here in my new house for a few days now, I have realized that I really need another air conditioner

I have a tiny one in my bedroom so my little ones don't suffer through the heat, but the rest of the house turns into an oven when the sun begins to set.

Looking for something cheap, what's new
. If anyone can help out please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,151 Posts
Pauline, try closing some or all of your downstairs vents. This will get you some cooler air upstairs and since cold air falls, the downstairs will stay cool...

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(Dookie @ Jul 5 2003, 09:34 AM)I'll start with a post in this thread. After living here in my new house for a few days now, I have realized that I really need another air conditioner

I have a tiny one in my bedroom so my little ones don't suffer through the heat, but the rest of the house turns into an oven when the sun begins to set.

Looking for something cheap, what's new
. If anyone can help out please let me know.

Thanks
Dookie, you can have the one from Mrs. Sunbum if you have a side sliding window. Also, Bikinigirl and brinki will have some they are selling next week.

Thanks wiz, I have to get some of those magnetic covers for the basement next time I'm at home depot.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
i purchased a fan that goes in your air duct to boost the air flow , at home depot when i had a up stairs , because had the same problem , hooked it up to the blower switch on furnace so it came on when the blower did , was only i think around 25.00 helped out a lot , cheaper than running another ac unit. and was pretty easy to install. possibly a larger blower would help too , on furnace , know a friend that does it on the side reasonable , when hes off on weekends , , also,586 264 9839 dominic is his name .

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
QUOTE(bobrob20 @ Jul 6 2003, 07:54 AM)i purchased a fan that goes in your air duct to boost the air flow , at home depot when i had a up stairs , because had the same problem , hooked it up to the blower switch on furnace so it came on when the blower did , was only i think around 25.00 helped out a lot , cheaper than running another ac unit. and was pretty easy to install. possibly a larger blower would help too , on furnace , know a friend that does it on the side reasonable , when hes off on weekends , , also,586 264 9839 dominic is his name .
Cool, i'll check it out.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
QUOTE(pauligan @ Jun 30 2003, 03:09 PM)need additional coolness regardless.

I don't believe it! Your plenty cooooool

Didn't you see zesty's offer in your: Needed: Central Air Mechanic post?

http://www.lakestclair.net/forums/index.ph...=5714&hl=needed

Well glad to here that it is fixed.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts