Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
again. It's about the third or fourth time that I have seen that movie. Schindler's list, We Were Soldiers, Band of Brothers on HBO and other super realistic war movies bother me. I understand all the reasons people go to war and I agree with what is happening in the middle east. I am glad the Ken has his son home safely. I haven't been to any war mormorials in the USA, but I have been to and have seen the hundreds of thousands of American, Canadian, French, Italian, Irish, English, and Australian names written on the entrance arch to the city Ypres in Belgium and the endless white crosses in the poppy flanders fields. The concept of all that have died and fought and returned home never to be "innocent" again deeply bothers me. My father still refuses to talk about his years in the Viet Nam conflict and My Grandfather was never able to work again after his time fighting in world war two. After USCG stuff, I talk to some of the older guys at the VFW hall and listen to how they feel noone appreciates them and it bothers me. The whole concept of war bothers me -- I just don't like it.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
War is pretty disturbing.

I watch alot of History channel stuff about WW2 and Band Of Brothers.

I come to realize that we live a very comfortable life. I have a hard time imagining living in an occupied country, like those overrun with Nazi's. Horrible.

It is amazing what our soldiers have done over the years.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
QUOTE(HazyMemory @ Mar 18 2004, 11:59 PM)again. It's about the third or fourth time that I have seen that movie. Schindler's list, We Were Soldiers, Band of Brothers on HBO and other super realistic war movies bother me. I understand all the reasons people go to war and I agree with what is happening in the middle east. I am glad the Ken has his son home safely. I haven't been to any war mormorials in the USA, but I have been to and have seen the hundreds of thousands of American, Canadian, French, Italian, Irish, English, and Australian names written on the entrance arch to the city Ypres in Belgium and the endless white crosses in the poppy flanders fields. The concept of all that have died and fought and returned home never to be "innocent" again deeply bothers me. My father still refuses to talk about his years in the Viet Nam conflict and My Grandfather was never able to work again after his time fighting in world war two. After USCG stuff, I talk to some of the older guys at the VFW hall and listen to how they feel noone appreciates them and it bothers me. The whole concept of war bothers me -- I just don't like it.

I don`t think anyone actually likes war.......Except maybe
an ovezealous career soldier that is looking to add to his or her hardware pinned to their chest.......
Look past all the issues that Governments go to war over , and look into the eyes of a soldier......
What you will see is fear.....
Plain and simple......
And that is what bothers me...... Soliers die..... For what Governments feel are "worth while" issues..... You won`t ever see world leaders in battle anymore....
Back during the Reinassence Era..... Kings did battle with their enemies along side their soldiers.........

Sorry for rambling...Just my .02

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
As you all know, I support our Military to the fullest degree. They do the job they are commanded to do and do it well. I would go myself if they would have me.

I do not support war....when there is war, people die, and when you're dead, nothing is right.

I am NINJA....a peaceful man but a deadly WARRIOR

·
Registered
197 Posts
Unfortunately why there is war is because of our instinct as Human beings to want more.

War is pure GREED.

From Rome, Egypt, ect. wanting more riches and consuming territory.

To the Catholic church, suppressing and killing others who did not believe in Christianity.

To just Psycho-Evil dictators like Hitler, Stalin, ect.

All of it is Greed for Power and Money.

And unfortunately that is what drives 90% of the people in the world. But us as Americans have a better means to accomplish this. Though many still take advantage of this like the Corporate Execs that bilk billions from people, ect.

It is a fact of life, Survival of the fittest. I think it is completely senseless. But in our day and age we are very fortunate that life is much better and safer than it was hundreds even thousands of years ago.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Politicians are the driving force behind war, plain and simple. They may have economic reasons for going to war but it is still the politicians who promote it. Young men are asked to die to further political agendas.

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
QUOTE(Storm @ Mar 22 2004, 10:31 AM)Young men are asked to die to further political agendas.
Or asked to kill to end political agendas.

You don't win a war by dying for your country....you win by making the other poor bastard die for his.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I watched private Ryan a balled. It was horrible
. That is all I have to say about that.

·
Registered
43 Posts
war is a horrable thing... my best friend Aaron Prystash, has been, and still is, in iraq fighting for us for the past about 9 months.... he just turned 18 this feb.

war is hell, and i can see it through the pain and tiredness in his letters.

you only see half the pain on TV... the other half is the people the solders leave behind.

i also support the US armed forces and i have a new found respect for them becuase of Aaron...

i DO NOT support war, but i support our troops

·
Registered
382 Posts
I am by no means a war monger, but I do believe some wars do have to be fought. saving private ryan should be a prerequiset to graduating high school. I,m a vet and I think that My commander in chief should be one to. If you can read this thank a teacher, If you can read it in english thank a vet.

·
Sponsor Since 1/10
5,229 Posts
QUOTE(LilInstigator @ Mar 22 2004, 08:12 PM)war is a horrable thing... my best friend Aaron Prystash, has been, and still is, in iraq fighting for us for the past about 9 months.... he just turned 18 this feb.

you only see half the pain on TV... the other half is the people the solders leave behind.

i also support the US armed forces and i have a new found respect for them becuase of Aaron...

Aaron is included in my prayers.

What unit is he with and where is he at?
Do you know his MOS?

My son just returned after nearly 13 months in-country.
He's with 1/327, Bravo Company, 101st Airborne.

Most of us here share your support of our troops, and I'm sure many of us will say a prayer for your friend.

God Bless him and God Bless America

·
LSCN Sponsor
6,427 Posts
QUOTE(Ken Neeley @ Mar 22 2004, 09:37 PM)QUOTE(LilInstigator @ Mar 22 2004, 08:12 PM) war is a horrable thing... my best friend Aaron Prystash, has been, and still is, in iraq fighting for us for the past about 9 months.... he just turned 18 this feb.

Aaron is included in my prayers.

What unit is he with and where is he at?
Do you know his MOS?

My son just returned after nearly 13 months in-country.
He's with 1/327, Bravo Company, 101st Airborne.

Most of us here share your support of our troops, and I'm sure many of us will say a prayer for your friend.

God Bless him and God Bless America
The Aaron she's speaking of is BEACHBUM's son.
We're not sure of his location.

·
AKA: Veronique
1,218 Posts
QUOTE(anotherone @ Mar 20 2004, 12:02 PM)Unfortunately why there is war is because of our instinct as Human beings to want more.

War is pure GREED.

From Rome, Egypt, ect. wanting more riches and consuming territory.

To the Catholic church, suppressing and killing others who did not believe in Christianity.

To just Psycho-Evil dictators like Hitler, Stalin, ect.

All of it is Greed for Power and Money.

And unfortunately that is what drives 90% of the people in the world. But us as Americans have a better means to accomplish this. Though many still take advantage of this like the Corporate Execs that bilk billions from people, ect.

It is a fact of life, Survival of the fittest. I think it is completely senseless. But in our day and age we are very fortunate that life is much better and safer than it was hundreds even thousands of years ago.
Thats a good point but war is also about survival and defense. America tends to stick it's nose in where it dosent belong to intimidate other countries and to stay on top. They have to know that we're in charge or we'll be subject to more attacks.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts