Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
Most IMPRESSIVE I bet your tummy is full. Great looking fish!!

Mini you da man. Of course i'd have to buy dinner, drinks, a new All Star croppie rod, to find out which canal out of the thousands I bet....LOL

h2o<---------says EXCELLENT !!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
That was a riot!!! I can't believe there hasn't ever been a crappie tournament up here...sure are a lot of those fish around!!!!

Mac

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hey guy what lures do you use or is it live bait.I use a 1/16oz jig w/1 or 2" white twister.Still lots of weeds in canals & marinas.I was out Saturday tried for crappies a bit but did not have a bite.Caught a few walleye off Fighting island.No boats out at all.It was cold.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Mini,

I haven't fished for those since I was a kid. That picture brings back memories. My friend's uncle had a boat that he kept in a marina on St. Clair and we would fish for them from and under the docks. We caught tons of big slabs! Released most because nobody wanted to clean them all. It's been probably 30 or 35 years but I think I still remember the marina and general area he kept his boat. Maybe I'll give 'em a try.

Regards,

Dave

·
Premium Member
18,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I use 1"-2" tubes (Squirmin Squirts from Bass Pro Shops) on a 1/16-1/8 oz jig, splitshot and a slip bobber. Yes Dave, the fish will be there (I have been catching them in canals) but they havent really started up yet. There are ALOT of weeds left as mentioned, but I did see one about 18" on Sunday but I spooked it with a cast....

Barry, call me sometime. I just might be available....

Mini

·
Registered
148 Posts
Those are some killer slabs! We caught about 50 last Friday in a marina on Erie. I don't think the real big ones have moved in yet down here.

·
Registered
2,480 Posts
It's amazing what a good, wide-angle camera lens will do for an angler...

Who is that in the photo anyway? Looks like a relative? 'Grizzly' Maniaci?

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
QUOTE(djkimmel @ Oct 27 2003, 08:37 PM)It's amazing what a good, wide-angle camera lens will do for an angler...

Who is that in the photo anyway? Looks like a relative? 'Grizzly' Maniaci?
I lurk in here and hardly ever post but
djkimmel that was pretty funny!!

·
Registered
397 Posts
DJK,

My camera doesn't have a wide angle lens. Mini just has very long arms

If there is one thing I learned from Al Lindner and the In-Fisherman, it's how to make fish LOOK bigger

Marke

1 - 12 of 12 Posts