Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out on cotton today about 11:00 the ice just starts moaning and cracken it felt like an earth quake. It rumbled for a good half hour or so it even popped some water out of my holes pretty cool stuff.I wunder if thats the water coming back up to normal level from the ice jam??

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Time to go on a diet. Just Kidding Bill. I had the same thing happen last year. About this time.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
As ice makes more ice stress builds up and you'll find sonic booms and different things that will rock your sock as the ice releases its stress. So when you hear the loud booms it's a good sign.

h2o

·
Registered
731 Posts
IT WAS SWIMMIN SCOTTS DOG WITH GAS

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
I was south of raft and right about the same time (11am) the ice really started to make some major noise. It lasted till I got my fat arse off the ice. Ice was a solid 12-14 inches

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
QUOTE(Flatlandfishing @ Jan 30 2010, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was south of raft and right about the same time (11am) the ice really started to make some major noise. It lasted till I got my fat arse off the ice. Ice was a solid 12-14 inches
How did you do out there Chris?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.