Lake St. Clair Fishing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was planning on coming up to St. Clair next Thursday from central Indiana. Usually go out of Anchor Bay to do some pike, walleye, or perch fishing. It looked like you had some nasty weather over the weekend. I just do not what to waste a trip if the water is too muddy or fishing is terrible. Should I wait another week? Is the Sni the best bet for? What is the water temp.? Can you get out of the Crocker ramp? Thanks guys! Magnum

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
I'd stay home. They are calling for storms all week. I have a client from Pa. for Friday for Pike and we called it off. The water will be to dirty for good fishing. I would wait another week if I where you. Bob

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Muskiebobsr,

We may postpone a week. We are trying to rearrange our schedules. My wife reminded me that I am suspose to be the tour guide for my daughter's third grade class to the Courthouse next Friday. Not that she is trying to make me feel guilty. Although, reading Fishinrob's post on the pike, it does not seem to bad. I will wait and decide on Wednesday for sure. If Anchor Bay does not turn to chocolate milk we may come up. I may get back with you in a couple of days to see if the fishing is getting any better and what the lake conditions are. Thank you very much, Magnum

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
I might get out Wed. I cancelled My Friday with a fellow from Pa. I want him to have a fighting chance to catch a fish.

·
Registered
10,622 Posts
As far as i know it's the canals behind strawberry island. Someone correct me if that's wrong. The name goes back along way.

h2o

·
LSCN Sponsor
5,472 Posts
Its real name is CHENAL-A-ROND-BOUT. Where they get Sni out of that is beyond me. Yes H2o it is the Channel behind Strawberry Island. Bob

·
Registered
230 Posts
Someone had a post last year about the name. I believe Sni Bora was a French term for Chenal A Bout Rond, but can't remember for certain. Do a search on this forum for "Sni". It was an interesting pice of reading

1 - 8 of 8 Posts